Richard Petty pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Petty pic

On the way home from Surfside Beach SC I decided to detour through Level Cross Nc. Upon reaching rhe Petty Museum and seeing a Amirola car outside along with a Petty Mustang I walked to the front door and asked if they was open today. The lady said yes the gift shop was open but the museum with the cars was closed for filming and The King was on his way. I thought well thats neat , and proceeded to check out the few cars in the gift shop and items he had collected over the years. Once done went to the front to find my son a shirt . Then behold, from the side door the man , the legend , the King of stock cars himself entered. He looked to the left and wrapped his arm along the side of my son and shook his hand and s skied if he would like a pic and the called him back over to sign his shirt. I now understand why he is King.
    Attached Files

My brother met him and said he was a real cool guy. Just super easy going and very freindly. Now go edit your pics I got a kink in my neck!

Comment

NASCAR icon Richard Petty hasn’t driven his 1970 Superbird stock car that gave a character to Pixar’s Cars since the end of the 1970 season, but as he is a regular at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, he’s about to fire her up next month. Richard Petty Reunited With His Record-Setting Race Car At Goodwood Richard Petty Reunited With His Record-Setting Race Car At Goodwood Richard Petty Reunited With His Record-Setting Rac You can see a lot of cool things at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed, like supercars charging up the… Read more Read more

Comment

Dont know why the pic is sideways. I did the best I could and really dont know how to change it to make straight up and down.
        Little man was happy and just wanted to share it had been 25 yrs since I was last at his museum.
        It actually just moved back to level cross in march after being in Randelman for 10yrs. Also had a lot of props to Lynda his wife since her passing last year.
        Richard is the eptiome of Nascar cool.

Comment

I watched an interview with him years ago. He talked about how the fans are the reason is able to do what he has been doing his whole life. Without them, he would be just a mechanic. As such, he makes as much time as he possibly can for them as appreciation for their support. He also understands what that short amount of time means to many people.

A lot of celebs I met over the years could learn this. A few drivers too.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Maybe you should get a matching one at the Garlits museum?
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

yaeger started off as mechanic, hurled as a monkey pilot to stardom. There seems to be a good quality with that in any realm...just to survive.

some do not realize how dangerous the pioneering years are. To see the smiles and photos and an autograph is very special.
              (I met chuck yaeger). Moving south seems to be closer in my plans, I will be wandering all around for the real car culture.

I only admit here.. I was the young dweeb with the all black monte SS, because of nascar, more than 20 years ago now.

fight the good fight.
              I think that is a marines saying..but it helped.
              what we see, is what we choose to.

here is a good one:
              you know what makes heros? they lost everything but once.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 28, 2015, 07:33 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Very cool of Mr. Petty to take the time. In Land Speed you'll find that our stars are just as available. Um - WHAT stars??..... Well if we had some they would be. Hey, I met Mike Riechen!

All kidding aside, I did get to meet Ed Iskendarian at Bonneville. A real thrill. So I know how your son feels, though Ed wasn't in Cars.

Dan

Comment

Any time you can meet someone who is a true legend in racing is a good time in my book.

There are books filled with his racing history and the stories that went along with it.

I have a good friend who was his clubs president for years who would always send me a big fat package of all his photo's and other collectible materiel from years ago.

I bet your son can't wipe the smile off his face!!

Jimbo

Comment

Even looking upon the cars and the items in the gift shop trying to explain who he was , his accomplishments , the cars as they were, where the Petty came from , had no clue he was actually going to show up and take pics of his liking and be as kind as he was.
                    5-6 years ago in my other job in sales for a industrial distribution comp. Being in Charlotte actually in the suites with passes in the pits and all the glory of Nascar to be as one on one with a legend as Petty.
                    Kenseth was in our suites many times before a race, met Mark Martin, seen Childress in passing by, this was the best , my son to meet him.

Comment

Building forever memories with your son is the real bonus.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X