No announcement yet.

Air intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im bringing this thread up again because I'm finally ready to do an intake on my trailblazer. Only I'm not going to pay 300.00 for a system. After staring at it for quite some time I came to the conclusion I could prolly make one instead. I'm going to keep the original box the filter is in but going to change the pipe. My question to start with.. What would best be a pipe made out of? My thoughts are pvc pipe, exhaust tube, or maybe an alluminum pipe. Any thoughts? I have one small tube I will need to cut a hole for in the tube. A trailblazer filter sets on the wash tank with a small outlet tube out front. Im thinking of using the expandable allum. tubes like chevy v8s used in the 80s-90s from the exhaust to the air cleaner to run out the front of the grill

Comment

I'd watn to use something with smooth interior walls. Think in terms of eliminating turbulence.......straight as possible and where you absolutely NEED an angle, make it as smooth and mild as you can.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Most are made out of plastic, unless you go with the ebay cheapys. In my head thats making me think pvc would be better then steel., but thats all I have to go on and might not make any difference anyway.

Comment

Go to <Silicone Intake Systems.com> (there might not be any spaces). They have pretty much anything your heart can desire including reusable filters FOR CHEAP! Look at the system on Mutt, all from their stuff. I plan to roughly replicate that system for the Volvo and already have the carb hat (sorta more or less a blower hat) from Spectre so I can start the system with extreme hood clearance. Anyhow, they have the goods.

EDIT: Oops - forgot to mention, I like their aluminum tube. It even looks pretty. If you're worried about picking up underhood temp you can always insulate the aluminum tube but so far mine doesn't seem to have enough air residence time to pick up much heat.

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; October 29, 2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Dan... you told me that before. Going to look them up, I honestly forgot.

Just priced out.. I will have 70.00 in a system with a allum. pipe and filter
            Last edited by chevybuytroy; October 29, 2015, 12:57 PM. Reason: awesomeness

Comment

And they have every kind of adaptor you can possibly think of (at least that I can think of - maybe need more imagination).

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X