Lost my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my wife

In Dec I posted that I would probably be spending Christmas with my wife in the hospital. I was right. We went to Gilbert AZ so she could get in a program to have stem cell transplant. She wanted to be inthe program because her doctor here pretty much wrote her off and said she should look in to hospice. We rented a small aprtmen in Phoenix. The first phase is to have some long chemo treatments. They called it three treatments but each treament was in two parts so it was like six treatments. My wife had a reaction to the first treatment and was out for two weeks. At each phase they warned us of bad things the could happen. At every phase whatever bad could happen happened to my wife for about 4 months she was subjected to one pain or another. She spent more time in the hospital then in our little apartment.. Finally she made it through to the transplant phase. All went well and we celebrated the fact that all she had to do was make it through the 30 days in the hospital to develope some white blood cells and we would probably have another five years. We couldn't wait, 5 more years of great retirment and lots of car shows and rod runs to go to. about 5 days later my wife began to have breathing problems and had to be put on a vantalator. She went into a coma. After 20 days in a coma we begun to talk about takeing her off life support. The very next day she started to wake up but they had to do a trach to keep her breathing. My heart soared at thought that she might live. But it wasn't going to happen. She had an adavanced directive and her family and I agreed she could not and should not have life on a ventalator. The doctor said once support was removed it would take about an hour to a few hours for her to pass. It took 20 minutes her lungs had deteroiated so bad. My beautiful lively wife of almost 41 years died 23 May I am broken

Greg I'm very sorry for your loss. From your post I can tell your wife fought as hard as she could , you being with her gave her strength everyday to continue your lives together. Your a strong man , continue to live the life you and your wife enjoyed and she will always be with you .

Comment

So sorry to hear.

Comment

No words my friend, but thankful you shared.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, my prayers and thoughts go to you and your family.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            No words my friend, but thankful you shared.
            My sentiments exactly, I can only imagine what you're going through!
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

My condolences... Words cannot describe what I am feeling.. Much less imagine you feeling as my wife and I are on our 40th year of marriage.

Comment

I never really know what to say about crushing news. Hang in there.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My most heartfelt condolences.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that, brother. My sincerest condolences.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your wife's passing . My 19 year old has been on a ventilater for about a week with a brain injury . Kept having thoughts of what if i had to have him taken off before recovery. Again sorry you guys had to go thru that.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this trying time...please accept our most heartfelt condolences...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Our thoughts are with you and your family. I can't imagine, your 40 years of marriage is a inspiration.
                          Visit my sons blog:
                          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Greg, that's heartbreaking. ME turns 70 at the end of August and I'm not far behind so we're at the point that we know not to take this "life" thing for granted. I'm So pleased that you guys LIVED while you both could. Of course I can't speak for her but I'll bet she'd want you to continue to bite all of life that you can.

I send my strongest Positive Energy your way.

Dan

Comment

I cannot think of anything better then what has been posted. Rip.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X