X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plymouth Duster Big-Block Swap - Roadkill Ep. 40

Enjoy.

you know, I am 42.
    I have not loved a tv show in decades. Roadkill is like hanging with the guys my age.
    I truly enjoy this show.
    This one is no exception.

the first v8 manual I ever heard barrel assing down the little roads here... a duster with a four speed. snappy 318 or maybe even smaller...304 perhaps. that was about 1988 or so. It all got so quiet so fast..a shocker. Great to see a farm keeping them.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

"We could have just taken the exhaust off this one! We're idiots."
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I gotta say Steve Dulcich has a really nice place! I remember him talking about the vineyard he has at Engine Masters. Nice to see it on video now. Hope all is well Steve!
        Nick Smithberg
        www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

The Crop Duster, sounds like a lot of behind the scenes fart jokes ready to happen.

How many farmers have a lot of old parts and speed parts squirreled away? I wonder how many FE, Cleveland and Modified engines my uncle has in his barn.
          Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
          1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
          1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

I watched episode 39 too......the low rider.....flat out hilarious!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Looks like Dulcich built a Duster and DF watched. And in the end it runs about as well as a good 340 car but handles really badly. Well done.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

So is Dulcich that tall or are the Roadkill crew midgets?
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nice 8-O too.

Can't wait to see this one get finished and driven often.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                    Nice 8-O too.

Can't wait to see this one get finished and driven often.
                    Great episode. Big Fat WIN! One of the best, in my not really humble opinion. I love that it ran and ran pretty hard!

Freiburger alluded to his fear of painting, and you know he won't drive it once it's been painted. DON'T PAINT A DAMN THING. Dulcich may have hexed it already.

Great to see Dulcich and the farm, what kind of dogs are those? Steve?
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      Looks like Dulcich built a Duster and DF watched. And in the end it runs about as well as a good 340 car but handles really badly. Well done.
                      A "good" 340 is probably worth more than that whole car is worth... and a new (insert sport version of family beater here) would probably outhandle both of them.

Motorhome engine, used heads, used cam, 12's, and it's NOT a Fox body. Well done indeed. I like this formula.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The mom dog is a chihuahua mix. Just showed up one day and couldn't shoo her away or catch her. I thought she was a he, until she had pups in my basement. Others are her mutts. When she had the pups she obviously could no longer run away when she was with them and I was able to tame her.

Comment

Great successful episode! Seems like all the work I do, try, nope, try again, nope, maybe the third try?, nope, I'll get this eventually.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

12.39 @ 113mph......how did they get to run sans seat belts at least ?

And did that header continue to glow red,or was it forgotten once the hood dropped ?

Comment

Nice build, in the roadkill style. Kind of not roadkill like to end up with a decent car, though

they probably set the timing eventually, and fixed the glowing header problem.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X