No announcement yet.

Hot Rod continuation of rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That last point is a good one, but the Shinoda car story would have had a better ending for me if I'd seen the final restoration. I'm frankly tired of the junk yard crawl; barn find; pictures of rotting junk pictorial stories, but appearantly most readers aren't so I guess they will continue to take up precious editorial space. I feel the same way about people who drag their original 'survivor' cars to events with the original rust holes, cat pee stains and rat turds expecting adulation for their accomplishment.

I'm not going to cancel my subscriptions as I still get value and enjoyment from the remaining titles in the TEN universe, but I'm over it.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Devil;n1042319 Atleast the cars still exist, while so many others do not.[/QUOTE]

The way you put that is funny on many different levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devil View Post
        I'm not telling people what they can do or not do with their property. I appreciate that they have saved a vehicle that might have otherwise become a tin can and that they allowed me to document the cars. It's their property, they can do with it as they please. Atleast the cars still exist, while so many others do not.

I get that, but I honestly can't wait to see the reaction the owner of these cars has when Hot Rod posts a picture of their car, impugns their character, then suggests that they do not deserve to own that car. And the really evil me has considered doing a reverse blowfish where someone spouts off about how they saved a car from another - then gets to meet that person and read what they said to the seller's face. Reality TV succeeds with far less fertile ground.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 29, 2015, 09:43 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I don't know about anyone elses content on the subject. But my articles do not deride the owner for owning a cool car and letting it rot. I do show disappointment that the car is rusting away in a field or junkyard, etc.... but for the most part, my small article usually just pertains to the story of the car and how I came across it.

Yes people of course get out of whack on Facebook about another cool car sitting around. But oh well. I tell everyone exactly who I am and what I do, usually they are more then happy to see their car in Hot Rod or where ever it pops up.

And on the Shinoda Boss. The restoration was just finished up here last year. The article is I believe about 5 years old. There should be a follow up coming out here soon on it.
          Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
          www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

• To a great many showing that disappointment in worldwide print IS deriding the owner.

It is interpreted as insinuation.........."rusting away" does not carry a positive vibe, no matter how you spin it.

I can also personally guarantee that if the negotiations with someone who wants one of my cars involve that vibe, the car will remain with me. No matter what the price. The item can be discussed till the end of time, but at no time will my character be judged. The driveway beckons for those types.
            Last edited by STINEY; June 30, 2015, 08:48 AM.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              I can also personally guarantee that if the negotiations with someone who wants one of my cars involve that vibe, the car will remain with me. No matter what the price. The item can be discussed till the end of time, but at no time will my character be judged. The driveway beckons for those types.
              and the shotgun encourages with a load of rock salt

Comment

• Just got the new issue of Hot Rod... yeah...this whole "Barn Find" thing has officially jumped the shark!!

Comment

• I think I'll park some of mine in the barn for a year, then let them be "discovered"...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    I think I'll park some of mine in the barn for a year, then let them be "discovered"...

We have a 69 Firebird that has been in the barn since 1988. Everytime someone is in the barn they try an buy it. It has crossed dads mine alot to sell it but it has never moved from its spot. I hope to someday get it out and restore. It might be to far gone.... I pulled a 1960 Thunderbird out of the barn by my shop 2 years ago with intentions of doing something with but the body and the frame rusted away to much. It was setting since the 70s I was told.

Comment

• soooo much butthurt over the tinyest things. That seems to be the theme today, "let's get on the internet and cry loudly about how we've been wronged by word on paper!!!"

Simple fix: unsubscribe, don't read it, go out and work on your car. Problem solved.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                        soooo much butthurt over the tinyest things. That seems to be the theme today, "let's get on the internet and cry loudly about how we've been wronged by word on paper!!!"

Simple fix: unsubscribe, don't read it, go out and work on your car. Problem solved.
                        I agree. The loudest way to tell a magazine that its content sucks is not to buy it. Plummeting sales speak louder than any forum post.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Aaarrgh, the cover this month! Once again it is the attitude is that if the car is(was) nice everything STUPID is instantly overlooked. Again let's get past this phase and back to appreciating complete running well maintained cars instead of aborted dreams and neglected step children.

I was SO lucky and FOUND this car! Isn't it AMAZING?. Well, no.....
                          Last edited by RockJustRock; July 7, 2015, 12:48 PM.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                            soooo much butthurt over the tinyest things. That seems to be the theme today, "let's get on the internet and cry loudly about how we've been wronged by word on paper!!!"

This is all being "butthurt"? Really? For people who do have old cars which they probably do work on, or are interested in having old cars which they would probably work on...it's pertinent. Anyway, just prior to dropping subscriptions, there is the bitching and Hot Rod can listen to it or not...or pay for focus groups...or just work on moving over Tire Rack ads from Motor Trend, whatever they do with their day.

Comment

• *snickering* I always laugh at the people who complain that they don't want to read about people complaining... because they always follow it up with "don't read it".... okay, so why are you reading this?

Thus, I'm forced to the conclusion that it's like the little kid who had their entire universe blown up by someone who points out the unassailable flaw in their world. "Shut up!!!! just Shut Up or I'm telling my mommy!"

truth hurts, but it's nice that people come all the way across the internet to express how right I am.

Comment

• I don't know... But Dieselgeek sounds like somebody who never had somebody tell him he was "wasting" a car/truck by parking it for later...

Our place is on a corner.. People come in the driveway expecting to be allowed to browse our private stuff.. They don't stop at the parked cars, they go in buildings.. Then get angry when we say "NO" We say no because they come back when nobody's here and steal stuff..

Comment

Working...
                                X