No announcement yet.

I'm Making Progress Toward Master Mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. I'm so deadly with a gas ax the fire department keeps a 24 hr surveillance on me. Any time you're ready just say the word.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Motive View Post
      I don't know how to tell you this Mr. Braziliant one, but you always replace calipers in pairs.
      Nice touch Casper.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

When I'm in my human form they call me Garry.

Comment

Bill Superman for the un-needed caliper.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            Bill Superman for the un-needed caliper.
            I'm gonna put it on the car. And I have a brand-new rear caliper mounting bracket that it turns out I didn't need when I just plain absolutely couldn't get the whole thing to go together one time. If I keep at it long enough, I'll have a whole nuther Mustang on shelves in parts.

Comment

Those quarter window scoops you sometimes see on Mustangs were originally to feed air to cooling ducts for the rear brakes. They're pretty much all fake add-ons now.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                Those quarter window scoops you sometimes see on Mustangs were originally to feed air to cooling ducts for the rear brakes. They're pretty much all fake add-ons now.
                Yep, was orienting a new hire this week, he had an old red one, Convertible. One of the pointy-nosed ones. I don't know my Mustang years too well. It had the fake hood scoop and the fake whatcha-call-its in front of the rear wheel wells. I was looking at those....what if.....nope. you'd have to cut the car up to make that be a rear brake cooling intake.
                Last edited by pdub; June 13, 2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Who made up that rule?? The manufacturers? If that is true, then every other hydraulic component that works in tandem with a companion hydraulic component would require the same rule to be applied. Bulldozers, backhoes, trackhoes, excavators, landing gear.....you name it. That's sure news to me........
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 14, 2015, 05:56 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    Who made up that rule?? The manufacturers? If that is true, then every other hydraulic component that works in tandem with a companion hydraulic component would require the same rule to be applied. Bulldozers, backhoes, trackhoes, excavators, landing gear.....you name it. That's sure news to me........
                    I simply decipher symmetry. Buying pairs is a nice thing, and it is always noticable, even when the "other half" of the old stuff was good.
                    Driver side front should be, by logic, killed before any others.

the rear brakes are set so light, those do not need pairs either..the proportion valve and todays aBS takes it over.

it is a good habit. go in pairs for the brakes.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 15, 2015, 07:31 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

I simply decipher symmetry. Buying pairs is a nice thing, and it is always noticable, even when the "other half" of the old stuff was good.
                      Driver side front should be, by logic, killed before any others.

the rear brakes are set so light, those do not need pairs either..the proportion valve and todays aBS takes it over.

it is a good habit. go in pairs for the brakes.
                      I agree totally for pads, and rotors........... but not for calipers.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X