Stock 06 Mustang Rear Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock 06 Mustang Rear Brakes

Waiting on a hose. Meanwhile I figured I can change the caliper out. Stock Mustang rear brakes. Those &^%$##%&*(())&^%%$# ers and how the *&^%#@$%^&** pads go on there, and then they ()*^&%$@@!#$%^&* fall out and whoever designed that whole *&^%$@@#$%$%^^%$$#@@@#%$^ ought to be shot at sunrise on liveTV and *&%$@!@##$%%^& those &^%$@#$%^^$@#@!#$%^&* stock brakes and everybody in Brazil. &^%@@#$%^&&

Okay, thanks everybody, I feel much better now. And I think I got it put back together, sans the hose. I think .Maybe. Finally. Maybe. *&^%%$$#@@!@#$%^&& it. Piece of *&^^%##$^^&%$#$ stock brakes. I think I'll just drag my $#@!&ing feet outside the car door next time trying to slow down as opposed to working on those &^%$@#%$%^&%#@% stock Ford Mustang brakes. &^%$$@#@#$%^^&ers
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

See , piece of cake!
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Oh what a feel to be screwed over by Ford.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        Oh what a feel to be screwed over by Ford.
        They've been using the same rear calipers from 05-14 I think. Somebody must like them. That would be whoever doesn't try to work on them. I've had them off of the car 6 or 8 times, and it never gets any better every single time. There is not a learning curve for a pile of crap that doesn't even WANT to go back together.

Comment

Folks, I'm sorry.....I don't like a heartfelt rant except for it feels good and there's a need for it when it occurs. I was slinging wrenches. All by myself in the garage. Good thing one didn't bounce off of the garage wall and break Red's windshield or a window in the garage or something. I mean yelling and cussing all by myself. And Unit's hearing impaired, she can't hear it in the house. Any of it.

Life is grand, it's never been any better. But those stock Mustang rear brake calipers, I looked at them about an hour into it and even saw my first wife, and I have no reason to re-live that. But I did. Sorry no-account bunch of piece of....aggravation. If car brakes could lie, they would lie to me, those stock brakes. Lying cheating stealing bunch of....I'm sorry. They're just brakes. That's all they are. But they invoked flashbacks from major things that never went well. Over and over and over and over...

Comment

But for the want of a brake hose.....I'll bet nobody else here has ever had a car up on jackstands in a two-car garage, hogging things up and disrupting the normal flow more than for a day or so (). Surely not a soul.

Our garage....it's hot out there right now. This afternoon I went and got the car ready it ready to put the brake hose on when it gets here, install said hose and bleed.....The heat is an aggravating factor. I've got one of those on-your-head LED flashlights, but I can maneuver and point the standard round flashlight a whole lot better while I'm bumping around under the wheel well, trying to see the nut and bolts. So I get a wrench on something and I set the flashlight down to turn the nuts and bolts....and the flashlight.....our garage and our whole house is so un-level, the flashlight rolls away all the way down the hill to the wall as soon as I lay it down. And then the wrench slips off and now I'm REAL mad, and....

Last edited by pdub; June 16, 2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Join the club brother... ordered the control arms for the bullet 6 or 7 weeks before power tour, car on jack stands with no hope, only to show up the night before we left with the Avalanche.... I refuse to drive an untested ride on a road trip!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                But for the want of a brake hose.....I'll bet nobody else here has ever had a car up on jackstands in a two-car garage, hogging things up and disrupting the normal flow more than for a day or so (). Surely not a soul.
                nope... it's why I have a shop.
                the path to a happy wife includes her getting to park in her space in the garage every night... of course, the wife you want to keep is the one that doesn't complain when schmidt happens.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 16, 2015, 10:13 PM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

...the wife you want to keep is the one that doesn't complain when schmidt happens.
                  Unit's not concerned, so I'm the lucky one.

The thing I got into on the track....Fast Ed gave me magical tire pressure settings that made a huge difference. Red was still slow by standards, but I was able to work the tires a WHOLE lot harder, and the whole system got hot. I definitely worked the rear stock calipers harder that they were meant to be worked with 103K miles on them. Busted a leak or a pinhole or something on the right rear one.

I've got 14-inch StopTechs on the front, two piston calipers. They contain more brake fluid, and the rotors are greater in diameter so they take longer to build up excessive heat and the rotors are designed to dissipate heat. Plus, I have hoses blowing on them. The front of the car is happy on a road course.

The back ones, the dearly beloved stock ones, are 10-inch rotors, single piston. The aftermarket folks make a 12-inch rotor for the rear and a bracket to move the caliper one inch outward to hold it. They are advertised to "Fill that empty space behind the rear wheel better." They are not in any way intended to be a performance enhancement. Although theoretically the 12-inch rotor would be better with heat than the 10-inch rotor. But the tradeoff on a road course would be the aftermarket caliper bracket that is really meant for looks and would probably really break on a road course from stress and then everything in the rear wheel well would eat itself when you need it the most (Turn 10A).

So.....I'm finding that anything regarding performance is like eating deer meat - that is, it gets bigger as you chew it.

Comment

Working...
                  X