Scott Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Up

I just got back from a sobering trip pulling a heavily loaded trailer in a 91 Caprice wagon. It had some moments that convinced me its got more miles than is registered on odometer; So the thing is, it has AC and wifey likes it that way; She dislikes my truck for same reason. We are thinking a new crate engine. It has the 305 tbi. Does your company make crates in that config? I want it to pull, she wants comfort. Both of us don't mind the mileage it gets.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

the last transition smallblocks..
    I would be disappointed too.

if swapping out, get a cam that actually breathes, that is a gain.. not for hot rodding but being normal.

There is l30 long blocks at summit... the first vortec engine. Needs your intake.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I am just looking for pull in this rig so I can pull a decent size trailer. I have other ways of going hot rod. I will take a look at summit; Thanks

Comment

Looks like they have them down to 355, which ought to it in the same space as your stock engine.

We give you more than just an engine — but engineering at its finest. And those who drive it, know it. The fanatics. The families. The thrill riders. The joy riders. And everyone in between. No matter who we serve, we share a genuine passion that unites us all on these streets, strips, or any stretch of road.

Comment

Patrick - I called Blueprint and got Scott on the phone. He was very helpful and we figured out a SBF that will be appropriate for my buddy's Volvo wagon. I suggest you give him a call - just ask for Scott Ligget (think I spelled that right).

Dan

Comment

I appreciate it, but I sure don't want to bother him at work. This was a budget type question really (in a round about way). We can turn the wagon over to the rentals and justify the engine, but not in our personal income. That sucker is used constantly since new off dealer lot to support the rentals with 10-15 mile, in town local junk. It has taken its toll. I want to put some helper air springs or bags on it to tow with and use it that way; It is substantially more efficient than my truck, which I will then probably sell. They don't mind using my truck constantly, but don't want to spend a penny on upkeep.. The Estate is getting all the damn money, they can start spending where needed to support the income. I so informed them last night and started looking at crates when they approved of that solution.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
              I appreciate it, but I sure don't want to bother him at work.
              Its his job to be bothered by these questions. I'd call.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Its his job to be bothered by these questions. I'd call.
                probably also why he hasn't chimed in here yet... doing his job taking calls from people asking about engines.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'd put a 350 in built for torque. Mileage shouldn't change enoufh to notice. But the pulling power would be much better.Yeah and I'd bolt that TBI intake to the top of it.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I like the idea of the 350. plus I should look into a Trans cooler I guess. The only thing I don't personally like is it seriously drags ass when pulling a trailer. Bottoms out on everything. I will call Scott tomorrow, but going over their web site, it kind of looks like they don't do smog rigs. Going to have a local shop do the work. I don't want to get blamed if it turns out to be a PITA for some reason. .

Comment

No bother at all, Patrick. Randal is right. My job is answering these questions. But, to answer your question. We do build a pair of 383's that are designed to work with the original TBI engines from 87-95. They were designed for the trucks of that era, but there is no reason why they work in your wagon. They both include new Edelbrock TBI intake manifolds and a custom chip burned to work with your car. They are about making great low end torque over the original 305 and 350's. The second one listed has World Products Sportsman heads.

We give you more than just an engine — but engineering at its finest. And those who drive it, know it. The fanatics. The families. The thrill riders. The joy riders. And everyone in between. No matter who we serve, we share a genuine passion that unites us all on these streets, strips, or any stretch of road.

Our other 355's and 383's cam selections will not work with your original ECM. If you were really wanting one of these other engines, I would get with DieselGeek about getting Megasquirt ECM that can be programmed to run with the bigger camshafts.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

kinda figured the 383 was going to show up in this conversation.

How big are the injectors on the original 305? I'd expect even a cammed to idle at 500 rpm and peak at 4200 version of a 383 is going to make more HP than the 305 on it's best day.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          No bother at all, Patrick. Randal is right. My job is answering these questions. But, to answer your question. We do build a pair of 383's that are designed to work with the original TBI engines from 87-95. They were designed for the trucks of that era, but there is no reason why they work in your wagon. They both include new Edelbrock TBI intake manifolds and a custom chip burned to work with your car. They are about making great low end torque over the original 305 and 350's. The second one listed has World Products Sportsman heads.

This first one looks like the ticket. I called the family mechanic of 30 years (their family, not mine.) They are happy to accept drop ships and installs. and the check book comes out much easier when they have their name attached if you get my drift. I will talk to wifey tonight. Thanks.

Beagle, have no idea about injectors on that 305. One thing I do know, that 305 was the smallest displacement vehicle they ever bought. Always ordered the big stuff since before I married daughter 39 years ago.
                          ??

Comment

I don't think there is a difference between the TBI units on the 305 and 350. Some of our customers have upgraded to Holley's TBI unit. We dyno test these engines with a stock one.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I am for all intents and purposes lost in the F.I. world, I will let you guys figure all that out. As long as it goes and stops when I want it to, and I can look in the rear view mirror and see the trailer is still attached, I call it a good day with this rig.

Comment

Working...
                              X