Electric Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Mustang?

Got this story in the Hemmings blog this morning....

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

What the hell? "440 volts at 3,600 amps" WOW. What is that, like a million and a half WATTS? JUST WOW... that'd be over 2100 hp.

I think I need to read that again. The cables would be as big as my arm....

ah, okay, I went to his site. He's saying 800+ hp / 1800 lb feet of torque. Still, pretty amazing.
    Last edited by Beagle; June 17, 2015, 07:02 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

He's a member on www.vintage-mustang.com When he first came on he didn't give too much info. He sounded like a noob asking how to build a 1000 hp car. After seeing some posts of progress we took him seriously. http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mo...echonolgy.html
      Last edited by Huskinhano; June 17, 2015, 02:30 PM.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Watts equals amps times volts so... 440x3600=1,584,000 watts.
        1 watt eqauls .00134102209 horsepower, we'll round it off to .00134. so .00134x1,584,000=2122.56

You are right in your calculations. What the hell??? Something is seriously not adding up. I can see him running those numbers with the equivalent of 800+hp, but if he was running 2100+hp, that would be closing in on pro mod territory, wouldn't it?

I like the car, I'm just perplexed by the gap in what it's power should be and what it actually is.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

If he's got 13-inch Brembos on it all around to stop it just once per time at the end of a drag strip, that thing must weigh portly tons with those batteries in it.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
            1 watt eqauls .00134102209 horsepower, we'll round it off to .00134. so .00134x1,584,000=2122.56

You are right in your calculations. What the hell??? Something is seriously not adding up. I can see him running those numbers with the equivalent of 800+hp, but if he was running 2100+hp, that would be closing in on pro mod territory, wouldn't it?

I like the car, I'm just perplexed by the gap in what it's power should be and what it actually is.
            exponential loss, like a counterbalanced crank.
            friction gains, power demands... it dies faster and faster to the goals max.

logarithmic.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

exponential loss, like a counterbalanced crank.
              friction gains, power demands... it dies faster and faster to the goals max.

logarithmic.

OK, but we are talking about the number it should be putting out being 2 1/2 times the number that it is putting out. A 1300hp loss to run 800hp? That is a MASSIVE amount of loss.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post

I think the writeup suggested it was 440v and it's 220v x 2 motors so their math fingers and toes got crossed up and came up with 440. Still.. F*ing crazy!
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I got to see it run at San Antonio Raceway last Friday it is all kind of wrong , like watching a vid without sound. The sound of the tires ripping against the pavement is about all the sound there is.

Driving past me in the pits after a pass it smells like the bumper cars at the Santa Monica Pier.

Comment

Working...
                  X