Snow load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
    Seriously, 455? Come on, a guy like you knows what he is looking at. You've done it, built.it, improvised it, and put stuff together enough to know up front and going in it was junk. Unless I've got you all wrong here.

He was stuck, Dulcich. Money wasn't coming in time for what he needed to do and he had to make do with what he could get, if I remember right. Sometimes you just gotta cross your fingers and hope it works.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

um...yeah....I'm glad someone else said it first.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Steve, you don't know Todd like we do. He's a great guy and a damn hard worker who's coming thru a tough time right now. As stated, he did the best he could at the time. In hindsite I'm sure he'd have done things differently, like maybe add some bracing. Experience is a nasty teacher.

Dan

Comment

I wonder if they are recycling any of the CHU (Containerized Housing Unit) from overseas back as surplus that would avoid some of the conversion costs?
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

If there is anyone here that doesn't understand having to do the best you can with nothing but bad options, you should thank whatever deity you believe in for never having been in a situation like that. You know it won't work for long, but you're hoping that it will work long enough.

I wish there was something I could do for you, brother, but I've been in my own mess for awhile. Things are looking up now, though, I hope they do soon with you as well. Hang in there.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Sometimes you gotta squat and shit in the woods... Sometimes it rolls onto your shoved down pants...

Comment

Seriously, 455? Come on, a guy like you knows what he is looking at. You've done it, built.it, improvised it, and put stuff together enough to know up front and going in it was junk. Unless I've got you all wrong here.

I've seen others that looked the same stay up for years. There is one where I used to live that is still standing after 15 years. Looks to be thinner metal too. It has two old boats under it. I had braces under this one, but it broke where the braces didn't matter. I've seen tents hold up better than this thing did. There was a tent at my neighbors house that covered the fire truck I painted. It was there for three years with heavier snowfall than this winter. This thing crumpled like a tin can.

Last year the banker screwed me, waited until August to decide not to do a loan I didn't want. He was thinking refinance and I wanted a building loan, which I told him from the start. I got the construction loan easily from another bank last month, so the one I had is losing all my business. The other thing is i am doing everything alone, the people around here say they'll help, and nobody shows. It takes months for these losers to figure up a simple quote, then they want $150k for a $20k building. No wonder they're going out of business left and right here. I'll do it all by hand this year if I have to, me and my 95lb daughter. I will not be homeless anymore.

Comment

According to Hot Rod this counts as a barn find now doesn't it? Send Finne-burger over with their camera goons...

Comment

Where is this property, Thump? In Michigan or up by your Dad?

I'd be chewing out Menards and seeing what they would be willing to do to rectify this situation before I hauled their ass to court.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

No offense meant, if you took it the wrong way. Based on the stuff you've done and your experience, it just seemed strange to trust the advice of a kid at the store. It is awful to see that happen.
                      Last edited by dulcich; June 20, 2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Kid to me is a 30 year old guy. Someone that age should know his job. No worries SD, I wish I had a raisin farm in California instead of a mosquito sanctuary in Michigan.

This is my land, outside Marquette Michigan, way up by Lake Superior.

Comment

Working...
                        X