X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shedding a new light on engines

This guy started it I guess....

And now Big Chief joins in....

Cheesy, but I gotta admit it looks cool. Yea or Nay?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

It looks cool. Be fine for a show car. Might be nice on a race car you worked on a lot at night? I don't think I would want to drive the first one blind your self.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

LED can do that, and not take away looking ahead.
      Been playing with those since 2007, automotive versions.
      swapped a suabru and a gmc.

the subaru is all LED. the amps got so small, I need to swap one of the relays to even smaller than the wimpy factory for the headlamps to even kick on.

some claim they have been working future, that LED is a real thing.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

another gimmick
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I don't like it.

Comment

Appeals to the ten year old crowd.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Back in the 90's, when the underchassis lights were all the rage, a friend put a couple of red semi-truck clearance lights way up high above his differential.

Cost under $10, and it looked exactly the same from normal person viewing height. In fact, it looked even better (if you can allow that that fad looked good in the first place) than the high-zoot light kits.

All the rich kids wanted to know where he got his kit. Pffftt!
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

That's when you go "in business" installing them for the stupid but rich. You refuse to divulge your source but offer to install the system for, say, $100. Make sure to keep the car longer than you need it so they think you've DONE something.

A fortune was passed over.

Dan

Comment

I think I like it, and if it broke down one night that would make it alot easier to check instead of the phone flashlight.

Comment

It be my luck I broke down after the aternator took a dp and drained the battery . I think it looks good , I just wouldn't drive it that way .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

TV crews like it. They have all kinds of interesting new lighting going on. I spent another week onsite recently and was really impressed with the cabin lighting most of them have installed too. The production has become over the top, with cameras running on overhead wires to keep up with the cars going down the course, etc. Pretty cool stuff. They were in the middle of filming season 6 about a week ago.
                      Last edited by dieselgeek; June 22, 2015, 03:57 PM.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I don't think either of these was just for the Street Outlaws show. Justin was probably inspired by that lighting though. Funny, with Chief and Murder running Fuel Tech stuff I always look for a Scott cameo on the show, maybe next season?
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

TV or not, it's fugly.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

seems like a decent idea for working on the motor in the dark, but would probably distract me while driving.

Comment

Working...
                            X