Clear All

• ComicCon is in town

Here is our NBC San Diego News Anchor, Jason Austell with the Bat Mobile
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11698548_1011717885527031_9044522351685600458_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	1044295
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 10, 2015, 12:48 PM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Yes. A bunch of my limo driver friends are down there. They are easy to spot now. Normal guys in boring black suits amongst the crowds of comic and movie character and general geekdom.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

HOLY CATSMELL, ROBIN.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

My friend and co/worker is a big toy clooecting nerd and was given a ticket. He's been having fun judging by the photos he is posting on facebook. I might be a little jealous...not really my scene but looks like a good time.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Not my scene either but I do like seeing all the nerds in costumes!

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1044318

Name:	pinzgauer_6.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1044319
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
            Here is our NBC San Diego News Anchor, Jason Austell with the Bat Mobile
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1044295[/ATTACH]
            Which one is the anchor?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Which one is the anchor?

Dan

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                My friend and co/worker is a big toy clooecting nerd and was given a ticket. He's been having fun judging by the photos he is posting on facebook. I might be a little jealous...not really my scene but looks like a good time.
                I walked through it a couple of times while there for work. Great people watching. Some people had great costumes that looked to have taken a lot of time and money to make. Not interested in all the products and comics, but the atmosphere is pretty wild. But as a movie fan, I would want to go to see all of the movies, actors, directors getting promoted there long before anywhere else.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I was just down there for business and as I walked out of the hotel Thursday morning heading to the car I saw a few costumes walk by. It confused me at first but then I remembered. All the way to the customer site I saw lines of costumed folks waiting in front of hotels for busses. Pretty cool. Figure it's like their SEMA show. I'd like to check it out someday as well being a movie and scifi fan.
                  Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Not my cuppa, gets that segment out of the way somewhere..
                    Gonna be thousands of bicycles going past the farm Sunday as Cycle Oregon is going right by there...

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                      I was just down there for business and as I walked out of the hotel Thursday morning heading to the car I saw a few costumes walk by. It confused me at first but then I remembered. All the way to the customer site I saw lines of costumed folks waiting in front of hotels for busses. Pretty cool. Figure it's like their SEMA show. I'd like to check it out someday as well being a movie and scifi fan.

You gotta go to one at least once. The people watching is beyond compare, there's usually lots of cool stuff to check out if you are even remotely interested in any kind of geek stuff - including old toys, and no matter how bad your life is at that time you will feel so much better about yourself and your life choices. There are lots of cool, interesting people that do the comic cons for fun or to show off their skills at costume making or whatever, but for every one like that there is at least person that you can tell only leave their house for the annual conventions. I've been to one and didn't get the whole package including after parties. My buddy did and ended up getting drunk with Missy Pyle from "Mars Attacks" and the girl from the first few "Saw" movies, hanging with Chewbaca, and goofing around with Jaws (the guy from the James Bond movies, not the shark) and a bunch of comic book artists.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Not my cuppa, gets that segment out of the way somewhere..
                        Gonna be thousands of bicycles going past the farm Sunday as Cycle Oregon is going right by there...

I did that ride a few years ago, the event was fun, the people attending were fun, but there is no way I'm going back to spend my tourist money on the local jackasses. The event made sure that no one was on any kind of major route, and there were ride monitors to make sure everyone followed traffic laws, they even went so far as to announce "this is where and when" so people could play nice together... yeah right... if you ever wonder why some towns, on one day seemed to be about to get a good, new industry then the next that opportunity vanishes like smoke.... remember if some guy has 10k to drop on a bike, you can bet he makes decisions that affect thousands.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 11, 2015, 07:34 AM.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Aaron, it's not the riders I got a problem with.. I admit the ride from Monmouth to Falls City is a very pretty challenging ride, but hell! There are no shoulders, where do we all go? In a heap? The organizers need (must?) pick routes they can close a lane or ones that have bike paths..
                          Falls City is the edge of civilization, all roads on the way out of town are gravel except the main road in. There is a nice mountain bike park just out of town..

Comment

and I follow the blue-hairs driving 10 under on a sunny clear day - so I'll tell you what my wife tells me, learn patience. Honestly, I've spent far more time stuck behind a texting, blue haired, or simply inept driver than I've ever spent behind a bicyclist.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Toss-up for me.. 7 miles to the farm from my house.. Get the blue hairs, lost bicyclists, and farm equipment..
                              On the way to make a 4 th of July parade in Falls City (my grandfolks used to live on Main st across from that church with the bell) wanted to park next to the house and passed a grader on it's way to the parade.. Met a car half way around.. Had the family with me.. Cured me for the most part
                              "It is never a good day to die" helps me be patient..... Sorta!

Comment

Working...
                              X