Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RoadKill Wanted To Play With The Big Boys, And Just Got Thrown Under The Bus.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS-Laser-Focus - a BSLF

illustrated
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• still, your defense of RK sounds like the Talking Heads song I linked "I know my girlfriend is better than that.... so stop making sense" RK is in it for the money - sorry to break it to you buddy, but you can do better in girlfriends.

Comment

• Listen to what Arron has to say at the end of this video he doesn't paint to flattering of a picture of Roadkill. If someone said the stuff he said about me, I'd put down the checkbook and pick up a wrench and prove them wrong.
        Last edited by BigAL; July 30, 2015, 09:44 AM.
        The Green Machine.
        http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

• Damn, dudes! Why all the angst?? I think both shows are pretty entertaining and funny.... Relax and pop open a beer...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAL View Post
            Listen to what Arron has to say at the end of this video he doesn't paint to flattering of a picture of Roadkill. If someone said the stuff he said about me, I'd put down the checkbook and pick up a wrench and prove them wrong.

You see any dirt under Rawlings nails? You ever seen him use a wrench? Where is all the venom you've been spewing then? You got some kind of man crush on Rawlings?

You hear one word about him turning down the initial challenge, which was a buildoff? Nope, he just wants to make himself look good, and you are buying it hook, line, and sinker.

I notice you have conveniently ignored anything that contradicts your version of what's going on, not to mention that you have repeatedly accused the Roadkill guys of hiding stuff. Namely that they have flunkies work on their stuff until the camera starts, then they push them out of the way.

Alex, you've watched this while thing unfold, just as I have. You KNOW what's going on, and yet you come up with this bull@#$! and simply won't let go of it. What is your goal here? Because it again appears to be to paint Freiburger in as negative of a light as you can. Are you still pissed that he went back to Hot Rod after starting this place??? What's the deal man?
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Even the Staff at HR threw them under the bus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rkunderbus.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1048342
              Last edited by BigAL; July 30, 2015, 04:07 PM.
              The Green Machine.

Comment

• You really don't know sarcasm when you see it, do you? Alex, put the bong down and back away from it.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                  You really don't know sarcasm when you see it, do you? Alex, put the bong down and back away from it.
                  You take it as sarcasm, I take it was them throwing them under the bus. I've always known that they don't work on the cars and have a crew of guys that do it behind the scenes, they are to busy with running a magazine to have it any other way.
                  The Green Machine.

Comment

You take it as sarcasm, I take it was them throwing them under the bus. I've always known that they don't work on the cars and have a crew of guys that do it behind the scenes, they are to busy with running a magazine to have it any other way.

There are opinions, and then there is just being plain wrong. Your opinion is based on false pretenses. If you want to go through life blindly ignoring the truth and seeking only what backs up your preconceived ideas, you are welcome to do so. You should know you are making yourself look like a fool in the process, though.

Freiburger has always said whenever someone else worked on any of his stuff, whether it was the intake on his Bee or the FBomb, Crusher, the cage for the Vette cart, etc, etc, etc... Why would he only do that part of the time? How long do you think he would last if he tried to claim others work as his own? Where are all the outside contractors he's hired on to work when no one is looking? In the past 20 years, someone would surely have spoken up by now.

Come on Alex, you have taken this to the bad place with the conspiracy theories and it's really tiresome calling you on the BS. Just let go, man.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

• I don't watch Gas Monkey for the same reasonsi dont watch yhe dozens car build shows before. Stupid ass producer induced drama by dumbass build times and idiot "characters" screwing crap up. Its an old worn out formula. Typical of the world of no imagination in Hollywood.

I watch Roadkill for the simple reason it isn't like all those other car build shows. And, I know Mike and David and want to support them. The show is also good. But, if the suit wearing MBA's think after 3 years and 40 episodes watching it for free I will now pay to do it they have been wearing their ties too tight.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        I don't watch Gas Monkey for the same reasonsi dont watch yhe dozens car build shows before. Stupid ass producer induced drama by dumbass build times and idiot "characters" screwing crap up. Its an old worn out formula. Typical of the world of no imagination in Hollywood.

I watch Roadkill for the simple reason it isn't like all those other car build shows. And, I know Mike and David and want to support them. The show is also good. But, if the suit wearing MBA's think after 3 years and 40 episodes watching it for free I will now pay to do it they have been wearing their ties too tight.

x2. I've never seen more than ten minutes of Gas Monkey Garage or what ever the other ones are. Drama dials up, I tune out.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post

Come on Alex, you have taken this to the bad place with the conspiracy theories and it's really tiresome calling you on the BS. Just let go, man.
                          Let it go??, the guys at Roadkill want nothing of the sort, I posted this 13 days ago it has grown to 11 pages, 160 comments and has almost 2900 views, if you think drama doesn't get people interested you're not paying attention. Just look at all the recent posts on this forum and the views they get. Tell me I don't talk about the subjects people care about. Hell this thread has more views than some of the threads that are years old on here. They can thank me later for the free advertising and getting people interested in what's going on.
                          Last edited by BigAL; July 30, 2015, 07:42 PM.
                          The Green Machine.

Comment

• when I first watched GMG, I thought it was another annoying Jesse James show with drama and maybe a cool ride at the end. It's truly not, watch the interview of Richard Rawlings on the Dallas morning news. He talks about his wife of 8 years, his kids, and about his recipe for success.

And about him not doing anything, that's rich - the 50 Chevy he bought back.... was his first build, before he met Aaron. Aaron joined him during that build and that was their start. Hot rod continues the "let's tear everyone down" and GMG is building cars, creating entertainment and making both of them rich at the same time. This is America - last I checked, that was still something we supported. Richard Rawlings is anything but a lout and a drunk - but he plays one on TV, so what?

Hot rod? hasn't done anything but sell stuff that people may or may not need.... some point, I'm going to go back and dig up some articles to illustrate this - but in one article they'll talk about how to beef something up; then, in another article, tell us how stupid we are to buy that stuff and how we need this new, shiny crap.... screw em, I've seen vacuum cleaner salesmen with more ethics.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 30, 2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Let it go??, the guys at Roadkill want nothing of the sort, I posted this 13 days ago it has grown to 11 pages, 160 comments and has almost 2900 views, if you think drama doesn't get people interested you're not paying attention. Just look at all the recent posts on this forum and the views they get. Tell me I don't talk about the subjects people care about. Hell this thread has more views than some of the threads that are years old on here. They can thank me later for the free advertising and getting people interested in what's going on.

And all you had to do was lie, act like a complete fool, and compromise your personal integrity.

Not a bad trade off to get a bunch of people to look at your post.

I'm sure that this little shindig would have been completely unnoticed by everyone if it hadn't been for you.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                ... Richard Rawlings is anything but a lout and a drunk - but he plays one on TV, so what?

I had the misfortune of sitting next to him at a Hooters several years ago... he's not "Playing" anything for TV. Just like me knowing all about jackstand queens (although mine is a garage anchor), I also know about louts, womanizers, and drunks.

If anybody is gonna get called out on a deal that started out as a junkyard build threat and wound up being a Fiat promo, it ought to be whoever posted on HRM's Facebook account and they should have the balls to either stand up and say "I was teasing, jeebus people..." or substantiate their claims with film of the alleged army of mechanics

(HAHAHAHA... WTF guys, TEN just fired, err, layed off a shit ton of people. You think they'll really pay for an army of mechanics? HAHAHAHAA... oh.. rare.)

oh yeah, DF knows this part very well and has said it before. Drama sells. Go back and take a look at some of the controversial threads Speedy started and how fast they blew up to a billion posts and 83 pages, or Mark for that matter. Neither of which post here any more by those screen names... or any others any more as far as I know. Kind of like a Supernova. Drama may sell, but it's easy to get burned out on it.

(dang, almost derailed myself in a paragraph there. Maybe I should stop posting in these brain rotting threads. )
                                Last edited by Beagle; July 30, 2015, 08:31 PM.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X