Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RoadKill Wanted To Play With The Big Boys, And Just Got Thrown Under The Bus.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tedly View Post

From Roadkill's Facebook page on July 14th at 6:11 AM:
    "Gas Monkey won't do the junkyard build off challenge. There's no money in it for Rawlings. Instead, we told him we are already putting a Hellcat engine and Torqueflite eight-speed in General Mayhem (see the pic from Diversified Creations) so he should hit up Dodge for a drivetrain and we'll have a showdown. Gas Chicken Garage might man up and do it."

Rawlings and Gas Monkey have had cars in Hot Rod Magazine, the most notable to me was the brown Model A that was featured before anyone knew who he was. If you think he didn't know who David Freiburger is, then you are kinda gullible. They've been trying to work out something for awhile, what we are seeing is just the public show, the publicity. In other words, them having fun screwing with each other ad trying to psych each other out before the race.

I'm sure no one here has ever done anything like that before....

Here's Roadkill's Facebook link if you want to look into more yourself.

登录 Facebook,与好友、家人和认识的人分享和建立联系。
    Right from Richard's mouth.
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

The Spank My Monkey/Anti-Christ marketing campaign
      Last edited by malc; July 18, 2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

banana peanut butter cookies

1.5 cup flour
        1 cup pancake mix
        2 bananas
        2 cups sugar
        1/2 cup peanut butter
        1/2 cup butter
        pinch of salt
        2 eggs

made this recipe up myself. Cooking right now.

this is what real car builders do in their spare time.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 18, 2015, 02:40 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The Green Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

Right from Richard's mouth.

Dude, they were talking long before this video came out. If you don't recognize trash talking and hype when you see it, then something is wrong. Come on Alex, you're smarter than this! Go back through Roadkills Facebook postings and you will see that Rawlings turned down the junkyard challenge idea weeks ago. He's now talking shit and trying to hype up his side of things to get his fans on board. You gotta admit, Roadkill has been taking some pretty hefty shots at him lately. Now he's taking some cheap shots back. It's all part of the game.

Talking trash and getting in the other guys head are part of the game, folks. Why are people so down on it? So far things have been clean, entertaining, and there could be something really cool coming out of it.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

By the way, here is Freiburger and Finnegans response. If you pay attention, you will hear that - despite what Rawlings claims - they have already settled on an 1/8th mile flashlight drag. One and done.

And Rawlings has to drive.
              Last edited by tedly; July 18, 2015, 03:55 PM.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Can he drive a stick shift, or does he have the camera man do it for him?
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

By the way, here is Freiburger and Finnegans response. If you pay attention, you will hear that - despite what Rawlings claims - they have already settled on an 1/8th mile flashlight drag. One and done.

Ya I saw that thus my comment about DF making it a Nascar race. But I'm sure it's Dodge that is saying they have to use Hellcat motors. IMO though if you call someone out, you run what you brung.
                  The Green Machine.

Comment

Im bored already.... too talk and rules and this and that....
                    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

Ya I saw that thus my comment about DF making it a Nascar race. But I'm sure it's Dodge that is saying they have to use Hellcat motors. IMO though if you call someone out, you run what you brung.

Rawlins said they could name the rules. Nothing they said was out of line, and the rules they gave are something he can easily work into his show, so it works out really well for both. It's more of a bracket race than Nascar. he could conceivably take something like a Miata and wedge the Hellcat into it as long as he weighed it down to 3500lbs. That's the thing about adding weight, you can always put it where it will be the most beneficial to you, like directly over the rear axle on a drag car.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

it is kind of interesting. RR and DF both started with a website and promotion about the same time. But if money is the measure of success, DF is still working for someone else and RR has made a mint. Love him, hate him, or be apathetic, my opinions is the guy who built something isn't the yappy little annoyance.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Who knows. Maybe this is a start for roadkill going network someday. Or getting a down and dirty shop that worries about drivetrain and suspension and doesn't doentje stuff like paint and body that makes cars no longer drivers that you can park anywhere. Which reminds me , Brian , its about time for a Buford up date.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I am glad that Mike's shop is getting some notice. I am let down that DF and Finnegan aren't really building the car for the challenge. This whole deal is beginning to smell like it was negotiated in a board room with lawyers instead in a shop over beers. If so, I am really let down.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              I am glad that Mike's shop is getting some notice. I am let down that DF and Finnegan aren't really building the car for the challenge. This whole deal is beginning to smell like it was negotiated in a board room with lawyers instead in a shop over beers. If so, I am really let down.
                              It always comes down to Lawyers having the final say in stuff... they are always the winners in everything. (not a fan of lawyers) remember in one of the roadkills Finnegan saying that they couldnt drive that Racecar they had on the street cuz the lawyers shut the idea down?
                              Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post

It always comes down to Lawyers having the final say in stuff... they are always the winners in everything. (not a fan of lawyers) remember in one of the roadkills Finnegan saying that they couldnt drive that Racecar they had on the street cuz the lawyers shut the idea down?
                                Yup.

Local person
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X