Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RoadKill Wanted To Play With The Big Boys, And Just Got Thrown Under The Bus.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine the brain storming sessions for new Roadkill ideas and the lawyer in the room shooting down most of them.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post

It always comes down to Lawyers having the final say in stuff... they are always the winners in everything. (not a fan of lawyers) remember in one of the roadkills Finnegan saying that they couldnt drive that Racecar they had on the street cuz the lawyers shut the idea down?

I build cars because people don't listen to me. They then wonder why I'm charging them so much to try to reduce or eliminate the problem they created by not listening to me in the first place. And best of all, if I pull a hat trick and manage to avoid the consequences they so richly deserve, they then blow their mouth off on the internet about how lawyers ruin all their fun and tell all how they're not a fan of lawyers. But then again, that's the way of the world - blame someone else rather then figure out another way to do it.

Then again, one of the best parts about being a lawyer is watching your crestfallen face when I tell you that you're screwed. oh yeah, and charging you the price of a house to tell you those words.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 19, 2015, 06:15 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I got no problem with lawyers, oddly enough. They can be indispensable, and when you have a good one on your side...

Wasn't that an old NASCAR car they were trying to get on the street? Given Freiburgers lack of concern over registering regular cars, can you imagine the world of trouble he would be in if he took a NASCAR race car on the street with no registration, no papers, minimal attempts to make it road legal...

Would I love to see it happen? Sure! I might even chip in for his legal bills!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

whats the worst that would happen?
          Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Jail time and massive fines come to mind, along with the car in question being impounded. That's if it wasn't involved in a wreck. If it was involved, you are looking at a massive amount of liability both on Freiburger and Finnegan personally, but also Hot Rod professionally.

Remember the lawyers can't really stop them from doing anything, they can only say "this is not a good idea because..." It's up to Freiburger and whoever he answers to whether or not they listen.
            Last edited by tedly; July 19, 2015, 09:44 PM.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
              Richard Rawlings is a Douchecopter. That is all.

I second the motion; all in favor say, I.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                I am glad that Mike's shop is getting some notice. I am let down that DF and Finnegan aren't really building the car for the challenge. This whole deal is beginning to smell like it was negotiated in a board room with lawyers instead in a shop over beers. If so, I am really let down.
                David and Mike are still part of the build and getting their hands dirty when they can get here. They are just not building the whole car. We are doing it in my shop in Brighton. Unlike some of the comments Richard made, the car is a long ways from complete.

General Mayhem was already in process when the "challenge" came up. The car has a number of other things it has to do besides racing Gas Monkey. That is what is driving some of the rules. We could have cut it up and made a drag car out of it, but then it would not be able to do any of the other things. You never know what these guy's will do with / to the General.
                If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

I second the motion; all in favor say, I.
                  AYE!

Love/hate whomever... Really all comes down to whom has talked to me, Finn has answered my question and continued banter.. So my loyalty lies with them.. Plus they do stuff that I would love to.. GMG, not so much..

Comment

Plus, Mike Copeland is "one of us" .. That counts for something in my book.. I don't think we have had an exchange but I enjoy his posts.. Knowing he is a busy fellow, he takes time for the guys and gals on here.. For all I know he ay be on many other forums I wouldn't know... Sooo! GO MIKE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post

David and Mike are still part of the build and getting their hands dirty when they can get here.
                      What this really means is Dave and Mike stop in once in a while and take a few "glamour shots" to make it look like they are doing something.
                      Last edited by BigAL; July 20, 2015, 09:11 AM.
                      The Green Machine.
                      http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

On an interesting side note, DF is no longer the Editor of Hot Rod, he is now the "SVP of Content Strategy, Automotive" for TEN.
                        The Green Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post

David and Mike are still part of the build and getting their hands dirty when they can get here. They are just not building the whole car. We are doing it in my shop in Brighton. Unlike some of the comments Richard made, the car is a long ways from complete.

General Mayhem was already in process when the "challenge" came up. The car has a number of other things it has to do besides racing Gas Monkey. That is what is driving some of the rules. We could have cut it up and made a drag car out of it, but then it would not be able to do any of the other things. You never know what these guy's will do with / to the General.

really? this from facebook
                          Larry Torrez Take crap about Roadkill but they get it done and fix what they can fix for the Road and make it safe. Like to see GMG rebuild a car in the parking lot outside a Summit racing store.
                          Hot Rod Magazine Those guys didn't really do that. They contracted the rebuild to an outside contractor, and then when the cameras were turned on they pushed the workers out of the way and grabbed a wrench. Honest!

What cracks me up is Hot Rod is all about "real" yet they're the biggest fakers out there. Back in the day, HR was something to read because the editors actually did the work - now, not at all and worse, they want to tear down people who have actually built something (GMG)... but my criticism of HR is certainly not new, but the evidence that they're merely media hounds who do nothing but cause controversy and drama is building.... do we really need a magazine to cover hot rods in the same way that there's magazines that cover SOAP opera stars?
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 20, 2015, 10:38 AM.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Mike is a great guy in mine and many others' books. He did a great job (I teared up) presenting a memory quilt (made by a BS'er) for fellow BS'er Donna AND he did an engine swap and a bunch of other stuff to get her car ready for this year's Tour. Her husband Mike passed unexpectedly last winter Thanks again Mike - you have a heart of gold buddy.

[ATTACH]n1039451[/ATTACH]
                            Last edited by 70chevyC-10; July 20, 2015, 12:24 PM.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

really? this from facebook
                              Larry Torrez Take crap about Roadkill but they get it done and fix what they can fix for the Road and make it safe. Like to see GMG rebuild a car in the parking lot outside a Summit racing store.
                              Hot Rod Magazine Those guys didn't really do that. They contracted the rebuild to an outside contractor, and then when the cameras were turned on they pushed the workers out of the way and grabbed a wrench. Honest!

What cracks me up is Hot Rod is all about "real" yet they're the biggest fakers out there. Back in the day, HR was something to read because the editors actually did the work - now, not at all and worse, they want to tear down people who have actually built something (GMG)... but my criticism of HR is certainly not new, but the evidence that they're merely media hounds who do nothing but cause controversy and drama is building.... do we really need a magazine to cover hot rods in the same way that there's magazines that cover SOAP opera stars?
                              Ya I read that to, talk about getting thrown under the bus. It's kind of sad that they are turning out to be checkbook hot rodders.
                              The Green Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                                Mike is a great guy in mine and many others' books. He did a great job (I teared up) presenting a memory quilt (made by a BS'er) for fellow BS'er Donna AND he did an engine swap and a bunch of other stuff to get her car ready for this year's Tour. Her husband Mike passed unexpectedly last winter Thanks again Mike - you have a heart of gold buddy.

[ATTACH]n1039451[/ATTACH]
                                I don't think anyone here is denying that Mike is a great guy. And I'm sure his shop does wonderful work.
                                The Green Machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X