Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RoadKill Wanted To Play With The Big Boys, And Just Got Thrown Under The Bus.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met Dave a couple times . Very down to earth nice guy . And I personally think the best automotive writer of all time, Including Gray , I say we all take Mikes advice , sit back , shut up and wait and see what happens . All I got to say is , I've seen enough junky cars. Most of them mine. Mike , while you have that charger up there , make it prettier ! Atleast on the outside.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      Ever watch someone you respect go from hero to chump? .
      Dude, I know how you feel about the direction Hot Rod has taken lately, and you have made your opinion of everyone involved in this situation quite well known. I still say you are taking things way out of proportion and choosing to believe the bad things you hear about someone that you feel has slighted you in some way. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I don't have to agree with it. I will address things that I know to be false, though. It irritates me to no end to see disinformation spread around as truth, whether it's being done intentionally or relayed secondhand.

Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post
      You should wait till all the ingredients are added before you eat the meal.
      Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post
      You may not personally like the meal, but at least you will know what it is.
      Well said.

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
      A fan on Roadkill's page suggested that they do something with Gas Monkey and/or Mighty Car Mods. One person agreed...then ten...then the Internet kicked in and practically shoved the idea down their throats on all sides. You could almost consider it a rape.
      That's exactly how it happened. It was pretty amazing watching the response to that idea. The initial thing suggested by the fan was the junkyard build, each team would race whatever they drove out of a junkyard. Freiburger and Finnegan picked up the ball and ran with it, seeing how huge it could get. Mighty Car Mods was on board fairly quickly. Gas Monkey didn't want to do the junkyard build (I'll hazard a guess that it wouldn't fit with the style of their TV show, so it wouldn't be good for promotion). Once something he could work with was established, then the Gas Monkey self promotion machine went into high gear.

For people talking about others telling them how to have fun with their cars, there sure is a lot of squawking over a handful of people and how they use their cars. There is a ton of misplaced hostility going on here.
      Last edited by tedly; July 21, 2015, 07:45 PM.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

People are taking this way too seriously. They're both sponsered by Dodge now, everything leading up to the challenge is drumming up interest for it and probably a directive from the sponsors.

Comment

I'd say its all about selling Hell Cat crate engines .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
            I'd say its all about selling Hell Cat crate engines .

It may have warped into that, but that's nowhere near how it started out.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
              A fan on Roadkill's page suggested that they do something with Gas Monkey and/or Mighty Car Mods. One person agreed...then ten...then the Internet kicked in and practically shoved the idea down their throats on all sides. You could almost consider it a rape.

iRape - it's the new app from Apple.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
                People are taking this way too seriously. They're both sponsered by Dodge now, everything leading up to the challenge is drumming up interest for it and probably a directive from the sponsors.

Sounds to me like this is all about promotion, and after all, isn't that what it's all about? Don't we all want more and better out of life?
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

iRape - it's the new app from Apple.
                  I'm done.
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Ed Pink vs Keith Black, Snake vs Mongoose, etc, etc... It's all part of the game, rivalries and promotional stunts have always been a part of things.

I've watched this unfold since that first post. I can tell you that it didn't start out as something contrived as a way to promote Dodge or anyone else. To make something forced feel as natural as this situation has been requires a level of subtlety and sophistication that is beyond Freiburger or Rawlings. It may now involve corporate sponsors and all kinds of BS like that, but from what I have seen, Freiburger is still the same greaseball that rose to fame by hose clamping his transmission.

This is supposed to be something fun, folks. That's all. Cynicism is a healthy thing in todays world, but we should still be able to laugh with goofballs having fun doing stupid @#$! with cars.

Relax a little and enjoy the show. Don't take things so seriously sometimes.
                    Last edited by tedly; July 22, 2015, 01:28 PM.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I wonder if I should read this thread? I read the first few posts, watched the video...but I don't watch wrasslin on TV, and this is beginning to sound a lot like wrasslin.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Read it if your bored . You've been through worse .
                        :-)
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

What this really means is Dave and Mike stop in once in a while and take a few "glamour shots" to make it look like they are doing something.
                          Wow. Just wow. You guys have lost your minds if you think David and I pretend to work on cars. Our deficiencies when it comes to hot rodding are on display at all times for the world to see. We hide nothing. We are not professional car builders. We spend the majority of our time in parking lots, the side of the road, and yes, a boat launch ramp making due with whatever tools are available in order to get the job done. The only reason Roadkill is still on the air and still has life after four years is because it isn't scripted or fake.

We are racing GMG. It has to happen in a certain window of time due to everyone's schedule. This window doesn't allow David and I to build the car and so the experts at Diversified are taking care of it. Why? Because it would take a year for David and I to do the swap and that can't happen. Having Diversified do the job means that when we finish one Roadkill shoot and rush to do this challenge, that David can get into the car without fear that something is going to fall off of it, or that its gonna hook left into a wall. Safety man, safety...

Comment

I thought this was about a build off, but apparently that's not what this is about at all, so..... what's the point...... I'm missing something here.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post

Wow. Just wow. You guys have lost your minds if you think David and I pretend to work on cars. ...
                              Don't include ALL of us in a couple of guy's hard-ons against DF and nut swinging on GMG. The rest of us remember the SEMA Crusher deal. What was originally proposed was a junkyard build I think, and that would have been badass. What it has evolved into is a Hellcat race off, and Fiat being a major sponsor of both shows, the (de?) evolution of the challenge is suspicious. I know y'all hear that shit all the time but how does the saying go? If it walks like a duck...

Carry on. I'll still watch Roadkill, but I prefer the "regular lunatic" formula... in other words, I really liked the show y'all did with Dulcich and the A-body, but I looked at the junkyard and couldn't find any motorhomes with Hellcat engines in them and I'd rather see you guys make something work than see you driving toys built by other folks. General Mayhemi will have lost it's charm with a cubic dollar crate engine.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post

Wow. Just wow. You guys have lost your minds if you think David and I pretend to work on cars.

Why are you irritated at us? it was HRM that threw you under the bus and said you only do cameos on your builds... go back and read what HRM is posting about you on FB.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X