I'm Bound to Get Pulled Over Eventually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Bound to Get Pulled Over Eventually

I know this is not the right place to brag about never having been pulled over for speeding.

In north Georgia yesterday. Four-lane highway, a beautiful stretch of road.. We're going about 73 in a 55 in the right lane. Steadily gaining on a car going about 68 in the left lane. A left lane camper. I hate left lane campers. Why do people DO that?

We're about to pass him on the right when we come over a rise and met a Georgia trooper coming the other direction. I slowed Red down to stupid speed and the other car did too. The cop cut through the median and lit up the blue lights. Yep.

He pulled the other car over! HAHAHHAHH!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Simple rule: If a cop is chasing a line of cars, don't pull over. He'll ticket the ones who do.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Matter of time. Your time will come (at least, mine has).

Dan

Comment

Happens to the best of us
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
          Happens to the best of us
          Sometimes, no matter what you do, you still get pulled over...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Sometimes, no matter what you do, you still get pulled over...
            Bob, you must just LOOK guilty!

I don't believe in the Red Car Syndrome. Young folks ask me about that a lot. It ain't so. The cops pull whatever car they're after. They don't care whatever shape or color it is. Not that I ever break the law, or anything like that...

Comment

There was a stretch of time I was hauling out of a town by the coast, leave home 4 am to get there by 6 am, cut and load my truck and trailer all day and pull thru town @1 am.. Was getting "checked out" every 2 nd load.. They finially left me alone when I jump out and scream, "What the f' you harrassing me for?". Made them reach for their guns.. They left me alone after that.. It was so damn tiring after a long day and driving back over the mountains..

Comment

More of the story . Don't camp out in the left lane. You just look guilty . By the way Indiana just passed the no camping law here. I call it the pace car law. It doesnt seem like folks know about it on 465 though . ( The interstate that circles Indianapolis.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I was heading to the mountains in NC several years ago, to stay at a friend's cabin. There was a line of us going about 95 mph... in Georgia, on I-75. I realized how crazy it was and dropped off the back of the line. My speed was probably down to 80 and the cars were about two or three hundred yards ahead of me when I saw a trooper come bouncing out of the median and pulled the whole line over.

I'm overdue for a speeding ticket. Way overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                    I

I'm overdue for a speeding ticket. Way overdue.
                    I had the pleasure one Sunday morning to be driving on the Atlanta beltway. Sunday morning, not gridlock at that time. I was literally going 100 mph in one of the middle lanes, trying to stay out of the way, and getting passed on both doors. Speeding tickets are all about commerce and income for whatever locality. Nobody can tell me speeding tickets are about safety, because folks are going to do what they do anyhow, and the government cashes in on it, through fines.

Comment

Yeah and how safe was it for the trooper to come out of the fast lane from the opposite lane ,bounce through the median , andturn the car and come into the fast lane of oncoming traffic.Way more dangerous .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                        Yeah and how safe was it for the trooper to come out of the fast lane from the opposite lane ,bounce through the median , andturn the car and come into the fast lane of oncoming traffic.Way more dangerous .
                        DING. Bonus points Dan. And who's going to pull a cop over for doing something stupid? Another cop?

Comment

The Toll Booth thread is buried too deep for me to go find this evening. The bottom line is, we got the letter in the snail mail from Pennsylvania EZPass today. There's a beautiful high-def photograph of Bluebelle's license plate, taken on the toll road along with a bill for $27.15. Two dollars fifteen cents of toll blown off, plus a $25 admin fee (a fine).

Yep, they found us. And it only took a month to do it. A month to the very day. I wonder how that whole system works? Hell, just write them a check. It's a first offensive, though I really don't think what we did that morning was all that really offensive. Another 27 bucks shot to hell. After this past weekend, that's just spilled peanuts. And they've got lots more peanuts at the store....

Comment

Glad there ain't no none of them toll thingamajigs here!

I remember the folks paying a toll to go into WA.. And back.. way back in the early 60's

Comment

I'm fairly young, 25 actually. Take a guess how many times I've been pulled over for speeding and how many speeding tickets I have? I have no speeding tickets, only been pulled over for it once. Do I speed? Does a bear shit in the woods? It's a matter of time really. I need to figure out how to dodge tolls on the WV turnpike, that's a beautiful drive.
                              Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                              1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                              1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Working...
                              X