A friend is going to be picked by American Pickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend is going to be picked by American Pickers

Someone I know is going to be picked by them in August, Steve Bonzack is quite the character. He's the typical stereotype of the colorful old farts you see. Steve drives a dually 90's Nissan pickup he built. He used a Nissan motorhome rear axle, has a stake body dump and it's 4WD. Of course it's flat black with stickers and what not. He's a pretty artistic guy too. He builds yard art out of 250 gallon fuel oil tanks into any animal you want. and yes, they're anatomically correct too.

Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

That's cool!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Very cool! I'm sort of glad I won't be picked by them as I think to get picked you have to be a hoarder goin' into the show and I'd rather not be THAT bad about accumulating junk.

Anyone need 3 250 CID Chevy sixes?

Dan

Comment

Met a guy a couple years ago at Speedweek that was on the show. He said it a total set up. They sent a crew out weeks before Mike and Frank showed up. He still had a good time with it though.

Comment

Yup. Set up, which is a bummer. but from some of the guys I know that met them while they were in NY at one point, they are pretty cool and actually love doing it.
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know if getting picked is a good thing - wouldn't that make you a certified hoarder?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Would that give ammo to the "clean up folks" (code enforcement)

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Would that give ammo to the "clean up folks" (code enforcement)
                Not too much of an issue here. The "clean up folks" would probably get shot at. Steve has a house near the middle of town I think was his mom's.He had a pile of shit in the yard just to taunt them.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Fought them 19 years. Bastards! Double speaking lying sack of shits!
                  Got fed up, told them to take me to court, judge sided with me..
                  Made his day when I stood up in the lawyer's face and just walked out, when I held the door open for the interpreter and my attorney, he was holding onto hs desk laughing

Comment

So wtf!? They dont just drive around and find stuff? What kinda shit is that?! Im not watching anymore.

Comment

There's nothing "REAL" about Reality TV, except it's cheap to produce.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                      X