I Hate Hiccups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Hiccups

Tonight I've got em. It happens about once every few years to me. That's the one of the most most annoying things in the world. I've got to go to bed early to get up early to go to work, you can't think about anything except for the hiccups.

There's a fix for it. But it only works once. It's something you can do to somebody else, but it won't help you if you have them. If somebody is complaining about having hiccups, tell them you can fix it. They won't believe you, but tell you them you can. Tell them, I'm going to squeeze your finger and you tell me when it hurts. Take both of your thumbs and squeeze one of their fingernails steadily harder. Steadily increase the pressure. Do it slowly, increasing the pressure. Take a while to do it, the drama and apprehension builds. Finally they say, "Okay that's starting to hurt."

Hiccups over. Guaranteed, but it only works once in their lifetime. It won't ever work again, but it works once. Seriously. Try it on somebody.
    Last edited by pdub; July 21, 2015, 05:51 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

try chewing a teaspoon of sugar...works for me...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Put a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1/4 cup of water and drink..

Comment

Stand on one foot and shake the opposite leg vigorously.

Oh, wait - that's for water in the ears or something........

Dan

Comment

Bend over at the waist as far as you can and drink water from the opposite side of the rim (pouring it onto the roof of your mouth) but hold onto a chair or countertop while doing it.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

One particular day Gail had horrible hiccups. I acted like I wasn't listening to that, or the complaining...but then when I could get away with it I sneaked up behind, then at the perfect moment I grabbed her and yelled. Boy was she pissed (after she had landed on the ground again). I said it was to cure her hiccups and was only just another example of how much I am a caring, considerate person, and am just trying to do what is the best thing. That made her more pissed and she protested that "It didn't even stop the hiccups!".

Except then we waited...and waited... (insert cricket noise here)

Anyhow it worked great and is something to consider as a cure, when it can be done, although it of-course takes an attentive and possibly slightly devious accomplice.

Comment

Good luck with this lot.....

Comment

Working...
              X