PRW flywheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRW flywheels?

I'm gathering parts to put a GT40P motor into my 66. One item I need is a 50 oz unbalance flywheel which I just happen to have a used one. It does have some heat checking and discoloration and needs to be resurfaced.I guess maybe I'm feeling a little less then excited about using it even though I don't plan on spinning the new motor much past 5500. Instead of maybe paying $50 to have the old one resurfaced, why not put that towards a new one? I see PRW has billet, SFI rated flywheel that comes with both a 28 & 50 oz unbalance bolt on weight for about $220. OK, I realize I don't need a SFI billet rated flywheel but I think at least from a safety point of view, it's better than a 20 YO used cast iron flywheel, right? I realize it's a Chinese product, but what isn't? At least with the SFI rating I'm thinking at least it's built to some recognized organization for safety. I've read enough horror stories about offshore flywheels not only being out of balance but not concentric. I'm not planning on any sort of organized racing just a street car. If I was racing, I'd go with a well known brand. So what ya say? http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRW-1628982-...cc8718&vxp=mtr
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Put the used on on.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
    X