$3000 Piece of Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3000 Piece of Crap

We had to get a new fridge. We're living extravagant, get a great fancy one that Unit wants. After all, that should get us out of here, the last fridge we should ever have to buy. By now we've had two of them, The first one came with the doors damaged. They were going to replace those. Before they replaced those, a whole new fridge arrived. We were getting calls to set up an appointment to replace the doors after we already had an all-new fridge. The second one.

Now the ice maker on the second brand-new fridge has quit working. Yep, it's toast. No more ice cubes. 3 months later, that's done.

I don't want to say on the internet where we bought this thing for $3000 but it was at Home Depot.

And I'll also never say on the worldwide web what brand of fridge it is, But it's a Samsung.

Don't get one. It's real nice. Fancy. Don't get one. Just don't even think about it. Imagine how many coolers and bags of ice you could get for that amount of money.

Don't think about it.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I love my fridge, its just having a temper tantrum.

Comment

The fridge we own now is a replacement for the one I bought in 1988 that worked perfectly until 2007. The thermostat went bad and would have cost $125 to fix. After buying the new one I noticed a label on the back that said the service life of the new one was 7 years. So far it works fine but I feel we're now living on borrowed time. I'm one of those that keep things until they completely give up. Our TV is from 1994, our microwave oven is old enough to have graduated college. I'm a firm believer that old junk is better than new junk!
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

It - the fridge or Pdub?

in any case, it's better then it having a meltdown. Maybe Pdub can channel his inner English and enjoy his beer warm. Wonder if Samsung got the engineers from Lucas?
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 25, 2015, 01:45 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          It - the fridge or Pdub?
          I may soon stand corrected. Unit read the owner's manual online and totally removed the whole icemaker jug and 9 ice cubes were in there. Probably from last month. She's convinced everything's just fine. I think I need a power nap, like right now.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Samsung has great telivisions and android phones . A refridgerator.......what were you thinking . Just kidding hope Sue is right and every thing is back on track.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

the first of solid state failed to consumption, but could keep going...directionless. So there was a remote chance for hazards. The tail end of those years is still running today. Still no real diodes.. but better.
              easily repaired as well.
              reducing micron level on industrial is the problem now...been more than 10 years for that. 3 foot tall people with bad eyesight have faith it lasts.

I was moving my panasonic air conditioner, 1998 model. the case is the size of 20000 btu but whispering along at 11500. No electronics.

it is now 17 years old. Perfectly so. I found it is the last of "matsushita industrial". That is not today's panasonic. That is the father company that made it a legend. Very afraid of failure in world trade.
              I added a diode to only ground unit into the wall, and so not my neighbors but coming out the back end of it. One way ground.

Those retarded circles are still not thought out:

Direction of the god damned ground juice.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 25, 2015, 02:38 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

$3000 for a refrigerator peewee? WTF were you smoking...errrr thinking!?!?
                I paid $350 for a brand new Haier refrigerator 11yrs ago. It's still ice cold..

Comment

The fridge is fine. Just the ice maker not making ice. My rant is about the manufacturers who no longer provide a WRITTEN owner's manual with anything. Not just Samsung. ALL of them that do not include a printed manual. I need to be able to READ these things in black and white, on paper. not on a computer screen or smart phone. Old school, that's me. As it turns out there is a PROCEDURE for operating the darned ice maker. Follow steps 1, 2,and 3. There is a PROCEDURE for removing the ice bucket. And whatever you do, don't completely run the ice out unless you are prepared to REPEAT STEPS 1 and 2. We have ice. I love pdub dearly, but patience with inanimate objects is not always his strong suite.
                  Last edited by sueunit; July 25, 2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                    $3000 for a refrigerator peewee? WTF were you smoking...errrr thinking!?!?
                    I paid $350 for a brand new Haier refrigerator 11yrs ago. It's still ice cold..
                    +1

Physically coughing and choking just imagining spending up to that level for a fridge, even if I could afford it. You must be drowning in thick dough in Weeville.

Comment

I have lived frugally ALL of my life. I splurged, so sue me. Get it? sueunit.....sue me.....oh, nevermind.

Comment

Sorry, Sue Unit. It is certainly your privilege to buy any fridge you want. I apologize for my lack of social skills in reference to your choice of fridge. I hope it turns out to be a good one and last a long time. Sometimes I can be a real jerk, but meant no personal affront. I just wanted to tease Peewee a little in fun.
                        Last edited by dulcich; July 25, 2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                          Sorry, Sue Unit. It is certainly your privilege to buy any fridge you want. I apologize for my lack of social skills in reference to your choice of fridge. I hope it turns out to be a good one and last a long time. Sometimes I can be a real jerk, but meant no personal affront.

Yep, it's Sue's prerogative to spend $3000 on a fridge..
                          I mean, I spent $800 on a 91 S-10 7yrs ago
                          ..and that $800 piece of crap still keeps running dammit!
                          Last edited by tardis454; July 25, 2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I read that thread too and totally enjoyed it. I am just funning back atcha while the p is napping.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                              HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I read that thread too and totally enjoyed it. I am just funning back atcha while the p is napping.
                              I have been around this big ol' world for a while now, and picked up a few things. One of the things I have come to learn is you don't want to get on the bad side of a sweet Southern gal.

Comment

Working...
                              X