Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Junkie Toys?

Originally posted by L98camino
    I lived on my stingray, first with the slick, sissy bar and ape hangers, later with the long cranks and knobbies front and rear.

I still have 3 or 4 of those around here. My favorite is a 68 campus green standard (fenderless) Stingray. Has a slik rear tire, a glitter seat and the high sissy bar....

Comment

Stuff would still be around but other people would own it. ;D

Comment

I grew up at my grandparents house, it was the same house my Father and two of my Uncles grew up in. It was the very late '70s and early '80s. I had my own new toys (Big Wheels, gocarts, model kits, Legos, Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs) but I also got to play with 50's Tonka Trucks and Thunderjet 500 HO scale cars, various pedal cars etc. They had a bunch of model kits and promo cars too. I still have most of that stuff. I was lucky my Grandmother never got rid of any of it. The cool part is we have pics of alot of the very same stuff being given as Christmas presents in the '50s and '60s. Hey, anybody remember Capsella? That thing was great too.

Comment

Yo, just remembered the "tin" metal cars of all sizes & descriptions (Made In Japan)

with the little flywheel/friction motors (& some w/batteries) that spewed sparks.

Some were very richly painted & detailed, w/operative doors & trunks, headlamps, etc.

Sold 'em everywhere...toy stores, 5 & Dime, supermarkets, drugstores, etc. --

Comment

Working...
          X