Selfish, stupid or cool... Crap on our news channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selfish, stupid or cool... Crap on our news channel

Greenpeace is protesting a drilling support ship just repaired in Portland and heading to the Arctic..
    Dunno if it is on y'all's news but boy they sure are disrupting innocent people's lives those that use the bridge and those that live/work near it..

Police, Coast Guard were trying to herd cats while trying to get kayaks off the water..
    Finally they used large jet skis and grabbed thekayaks and pulled them to shore..

Poor protester said the police were "heavy handed".
    Huh? Told the water was closed, get off the river, and the kayaks were just going around them..
    Follow orders..

Comment

Comment

Rail bridge is up,
        Gonna run I guess..
        Last bridge before the Columbia..

koin.com/2015/07/29/kayaktivists-repel-off-st-johns-bridge-for-shell-protest/

Comment

I sure hope they are using cotton ropes and wooden kayaks. It would seem a bit hypocritical to use poly ropes and plastic / fiberglass kayaks to protest against oil drilling...

Comment

They will get out of their kayaks and strap them to the top of their Escalades, then head to Starbucks to celebrate their 'victory'.........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
              I sure hope they are using cotton ropes and wooden kayaks. It would seem a bit hypocritical to use poly ropes and plastic / fiberglass kayaks to protest against oil drilling...

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

strange bunch.
                I found a story where a "fish hugging" boat was chasing a 253 foot fishing boat for finding fish people actually eat, rare stuff. Hard to get to places.
                Chased half way around the world.

bay of fundy is out of tuna, because it is right off the shore...
                I wonder what the old man and the sea thinks of that.

Oil will be a gimmick, it is just chemistry. But fish? you cant fake a fish.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 30, 2015, 08:24 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm stealing that picture Randall.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Carbon Fiber Footprint
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I was gobsmacked! I thought the cops were going over backwards to keep stuff jovial.. One Kayakker said th cops were heavy handed... Huh? Not what I saw.. After the bunch ran the blockade, during the meelee, one police boat did run over a Kayak and whebn he backed up, the kayakker was already out and helped by a deputy.. But that fat chick in the canoe whacking the boat full of cops? Stupid! Even her passenger told her to quit.. Both arrested, canoe set adrift..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Greenpeace is protesting a drilling support ship just repaired in Portland and heading to the Arctic..
                        Dunno if it is on y'all's news but boy they sure are disrupting innocent people's lives those that use the bridge and those that live/work near it..

https://www.kptv.com/story/29672344/...bridge-protest

So I work under the shadow of this bridge and let me tell you what I saw. I saw a see of SUV's in the parking lot and families with 2 to 6 children. Now, driving a gas guzzler to a protest against drilling for oil paints a pretty good picture about what kinds of people support this crap. #### these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Can't fix stupid, but you can kill it! Just remove the warning labels!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

The company I work for, the Greenpissers rappelled down the side of the corporate office building in Montreal to hang a football field-sized banner, something about how we were murdering trees.

And after they got out of jail they went back home to their houses made of wood and wiped their butts with paper.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X