Selfish, stupid or cool... Crap on our news channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a crazy world! Gezz.
    I would love to protest something but I'm to busy WORKING FOR A LIVING!
    Last edited by corvettedad; July 31, 2015, 12:38 PM.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
      What a crazy world! Gezz.
      I would love to protest something but I'm to busy WORKING FOR A LIVING!
      I protest that we don't have fun enough often enough, or drive fast enough often enough because we are WORKING FOR A LIVING. The waiting for it sucks.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Watch them grab the kayaker and set his craft adrift with his hat..

Comment

The ship they were protesting...
          Bangshift approved?
          Sure as hell is!
          Wouldn't mind one motor/generator for back-up..

Comment

ummmm Bob, you'll love this.

So the ship had to leave port in order for the judge to fine Greenpeace. That's why they left and simply returned - it was a setup. Honestly, had I known I would have gone and lowered myself off the bridge to bankrupt Greenpeace..... the fine was $2500 an hour, $7500 an hour today, and $10,000 an hour tomorrow. I would have stayed there until Greenpeace was in receivership - thus saving the world FROM greenpeace.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yeah, saw that in the online version, tv didn't seem to cover that..
              I wanted to go up and cheer the ship!

Don't think I can hang.. Will need CABLE for that! Plus I don't really like those situations.. Might start hitting fools!

Comment

Weirdos. Get a job....

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  Can't fix stupid, but you can kill it! Just remove the warning labels!

More dangerous toys, less stupid adults.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    ummmm Bob, you'll love this.

So the ship had to leave port in order for the judge to fine Greenpeace. That's why they left and simply returned - it was a setup. Honestly, had I known I would have gone and lowered myself off the bridge to bankrupt Greenpeace..... the fine was $2500 an hour, $7500 an hour today, and $10,000 an hour tomorrow. I would have stayed there until Greenpeace was in receivership - thus saving the world FROM greenpeace.
                    That is beautiful. Almost Zen-like in its perfection.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I don't know anybody who likes/supports Greenpeace..
                      Maybe they are too scared of me to admit it..

Comment

The really sad thing is that these people genuinely MEAN well. They're just ignorant and many are pretty determined to stay that way. As I learned at EPA, environmental issues are complex and difficult and someone with an agenda gives these folks simple "answers" (which of course aren't really answers at all) and they run with it. Did you ever try to explain why a Prius has about the same environmental impact as a Hummer? It evidently is too involved for the average Bozo to ingest - you'll see them glaze over near the beginning of the lesson.

One of my most persuasive arguments has been that, as we learned at EPA, ALL pollution is global. There is a market for (fill in the blank - oil, in this instance) and so someone somewhere WILL fill that market need. Would you rather have that done here where we're (I usually say "you", making them see their importance) keeping an eye on the (in this case, drillers) or have it happen in, say, China where no one is watching. Then I remind them that if the (say, Chinese) screw up the environment, the results WILL end up on our doorstep (all pollution is global). Most misguided environmentalists seem to sort of slowly wake up at this point and begin to see that this stuff ain't simple. Truth is, there are no easy answers and protesting this ship (in this instance) means nothing and does nothing. The REAL differences in, say, vehicle emissions has come from inside the auto industry working with the EPA (there's way more cooperation than most folks know), along with SAE and other groups. This work results in lower emissions and improved fuel economy, the later leading to less DEMAND for oil, which REALLY helps.

Then I tell them that if they REALLY care about the environment they'll dump that Prius (or whatever hybrid they have) and buy a TDI. About then the smoke curls out of their ears.......

I have a leg up in this discussion as I worked in the field for so many years. Usually, the misinformed will at least listen and I hope I've opened a few eyes - but who knows.

Dan

Comment

Dan, I am so glad you use your powers for good instead of evil.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

I try, Tedly - I try......

Dan

Comment

That's all? ,!!!

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Five GreenPeace activists have been cited after last month's protest at St. Johns Bridge in Portland.

Thirteen people suspended themselves off the bridge with the help of support staff, in an attempt to block a Shell oil icebreaker en route to Alaska. After a day and a half, most of the protesters were lowered off the bridge, and the ship passed without a hitch.

None of the protesters have been arrested, but the U.S. Coast Guard has cited three of the dangling protesters and two of their support staff for interfering with the safe operation with a vessel. These are not criminal charges, and each notice carries a $5,000 fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X