• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and an extra 2 cylinders
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

thinking of electric for that one.. all the modern real low signatures.
      LED, ecm for modern fuel and timing.
      that would be a nice little car.

euro did better than japanese of the same years of steel... I still saved a 30 year japanese tin can in winter land. All of it was electric changes...seemed to stop in time.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I would take it as a personal challenge, to get all the original wiring stuff working as designed.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

oh man that thing is oozing with cool....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I would buy a nice 510 Datsun and be done.

Comment

That is a very cool looking car Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                I would take it as a personal challenge, to get all the original wiring stuff working as designed.
                may need some of this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Smokekit2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1050113

But I really do like the idea of building one... the problem is, that those are extinct up here in the "rust belt"...
                Last edited by silver_bullet; August 9, 2015, 04:47 PM.
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

IMO, gut the miata for drivetrain and suspension and put it in the MG
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                    IMO, gut the miata for drivetrain and suspension and put it in the MG
                    have you read this one? Dude is grafting a Miata and a P1800 with some American V8 power. ? http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/for...a/72311/page1/

Last edited by Beagle; August 9, 2015, 08:22 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Instead of a BBC or a SBC, I see Jim putting in a good rear and driving the wee out of it.. Motors are supposedly bulletproof..
                      Saw one that had the 210 or 510 Datsun carrier in place of the Brit one.. But in this day and age (45ishy years later) I'm sure something good is out there to make this one last..
                      I like the fact this has an overdrive on it ..
                      Whatever Ole Jim does to it is bound to be sweet! Remember the Volvo?

Comment

EFI and turbo. The rear axle upgrade will happen "naturally".
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

​A work colleague bought one back in the seventies, it was trouble then, bet they haveŽnt improved.

Comment

The money pit starts here, PRI Independant Rear Suspension Kit.
                            They all squat in the back with a huge negative camber.
                            Last edited by malc; August 10, 2015, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

I wish you luck, but the asylums are full of people made similar claims. British sports cars come from the factory with two standard features: electronics that don't work and rust.

And really, not hating, my first choice for my long-delayed Fiat project was a Sunbeam alpine followed closely by a Spitfire. I looked at one Alpine and 3 Spitfires.... all of them were rusted so badly that salvage seemed .... well, I bought a Fiat - and they follow the english in factory rust.

We like you, don't go insane, go Painless and negative ground*.

*not throwing a gauntlet down - though it sure sounds like it... sorry?
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 10, 2015, 06:27 AM.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I can see it now, a LS3 and a MII front suspension....not.

That should be a fun car when running right. My introduction to English cars was the 56 MGA my brother bought back in 66. The engine had been worked over a little bit with higher compression and a hotter cam. I was 10 at the time but I still remember how it cornered and sounded.

You know why the English don't make TV's? They haven't figured out how to make them leak oil.

My daughter just came home from the camp where she's a counselor for the summer. She had about 8 of her friends with her. One young man was into cars and my Mustangs. He was showing me a clip his dad just sent with the TVR he just bought. It needs a bit of work but it was running. His dad plans on making a Griffith loan. He said his dad also had a late 60's Mini Cooper. He was working on it for a customer when the customer lost interest and I guess money and just gave it to him.
                                Tom
                                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X