Two road diverged in a Pontiac. Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
    I've seen that Catalina and must say it's a heap of shit.
    I am waiting for more pics before I drive down to look at it.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

While some guys see potentional, others must have turds polished..

I get wanting the 428.. The era I grew up in.. Youngsters do not understand the magic of torquey motors..
      You probably will meet alot of skeptics when you say it has a 428!

Comment

In order for me to even begin to get out of Dodge, I have a three hour drive and then I can get on open road. Nothing says road trip like something built for it :-) Here being an example.Click image for larger version

Name:	small bonnie.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	1050430

Comment

Something about that bore & stroke on the 428. My buddy had a blue vert when we were kids, it was sharp.

Comment

Is that Bonneville yours? If so soften my objections to the ragtop. Really looking at the other one I feel like the younger guys who cringe every time a Charger gets crunched in a Dukes movie or TV show. Any 428 Poncho is something that should be cherished. Same for any 427 Chevy or Ford. They were the original factory sleepers. Crafty old guys out to surprise young whippersnappers. For some reason 455s and 454s were just so common after they showed up.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Bonneville is not mine, but my Catalina is same color with Vinyl top. It grows on you. The rag top is the 428 and have not traded yet, have to go look and decide. This pic is supposedly the original color of rag top with 428 but doesn't look it in the pic, just stated in his listing. Click image for larger version

Name:	69bonne428.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1050470

Comment

Decision made. Leaving in a few minutes to pick up a gallon of Blitz Black at JD Dealer. Wagon will be all black by the end of the weekend and I will redouble my efforts to get OHC Sprint engine running. Rat Rod it will be!

Not too shabby, 1 Gallon of Blitz Black
                2 quarts of primer
                1 pint of Valspar Hardener
                1 gallon of thinner
                $128.00
                Last edited by patrickth; August 12, 2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Check out this T-37 Pat http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5079145549.html

Blows my GT-37 right out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Motive View Post
                    Check out this T-37 Pat http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5079145549.html

Blows my GT-37 right out of the water.
                    Oh man. Nice for the price. Marc had one down there, but it had been in a substantial fire. Too much work by far. Still love that body style.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post

Oh man. Nice for the price. Marc had one down there, but it had been in a substantial fire. Too much work by far. Still love that body style.
                      It's almost worth buying just for parts, if you got him down to $1,500 and it's solid seems like it'd be hard to go wrong.

Comment

Yea, but no room at the moment and that trip down there with an empty trailer would probably put me in traction for the balance of the yea.r

Comment

Out of my reach too so I guess that makes it a free for all

Comment

It sure won't last long on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
                              Take a look at this thread to get an idea what's involved here:

Hint: It won't be cheap.
                              Don't know how I missed this post and the link. Glad I caught it though,will go back and read it in depth later.

Comment

Wagon has sold, and Catalina is well on its way to be back on the road. Engine and tranny should be rebuilt and back in the car by November.

Comment

Working...
                                X