No announcement yet.

Nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the forgery in our town my grandpa worked and retired from everyone called him "huddy," our last name is Hudson. 10 years later I got a job there also and everyone there called me huddy jr. That was one of my favorite jobs I've ever had.

Comment

Never really had a nickname. Good to learn why PW is Peewee as he really isn't all that small (I am).

Kingsford is "Knucklehead" but he can't defend himself. As long as you say it with a happy voice he doesn't mind.

Something I'm getting used to here in the Southland is men getting called by their full first names - David, not Dave, Robert, not Bob, etc. Seems overly formal to me, especially in such an informal society. The exception is Buster. I like Buster and won't post his real first name but evidently his folks hated him even as a baby.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Kingsford is "Knucklehead" but he can't defend himself. As long as you say it with a happy voice he doesn't mind.
        Dan, maybe he thinks he's a Harley.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Got the nickname Gasser in high school, and that evolved into Gasman later on. Its less of a problem for me butt everybody else suffers a little more.

Comment

At work they called me easy money. I could work circles around most of the guys I've worked with and I did it standing on my head.

Comment

Working...
            X