Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally!

I sent you a PM with contact information. Next week sounds good.

Cheers!

Comment

Smilin' Vegaman with his new scoop, replete with bird guano.

Comment

damn Derryk, I knew I was ugly, but that pic is just scary, lolol.
        yeah, it will need some trimming but I think it's gonna work out good. I'll try and take some pics tonight so you get the idea ;)
        thanks again man
        "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

okay, so here's some pics to get a rough idea of what it might look like. the "wings" will of course get trimmed off, I might try do that this weekend to get a better idea of the fit. I think this could look similar to a Corvette "stinger" style scoop which would look cool. Both cars have the bump in the hood which runs down the middle so it's possible.
          here's the pics

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

and no the hood isn't pink it's red, just faded from the sun, honest! lol

Comment

This is similar to the look I'm thinking of

Comment

operation petticoat - roflmao, good one!
              got tomorrow of work, so the plan is to spend most of the day on the car ;)

Comment

not sure, it's resting on the bolts right now so I may have to build it up a bit, but at the least it should be a good foundation to start with

Comment

Hey Duncan, is that a shot of your brother's Vega with the cowl scoop?

Comment

nah, that's a photo I lifted from a Vega forum I go to. Guy made that scoop himself, did a pretty good job too IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
                      nah, that's a photo I lifted from a Vega forum I go to. Guy made that scoop himself, did a pretty good job too IMHO
                      Any luck cuttin' and choppin' that scoop? I have some fiberglass products around if you can use them. As well, I'll check and see if that longboard sander works when I return from Tofino.

BTW, I found the coolest flip-flops in Tofino; they have bottle openers on the sole! That pretty much sums up the culture on the West coast of Vancouver Island.

Comment

nah, did some work on the car though, got interrupted when my daughter called to tell me she'd been hit by a car. was walking in the crosswalk with her friend when some lady hits her, knocks her down, yells "sorry" and speeds off. I was pissed!!! Luckily she's okay with a few cuts and bruises, some witnesses helped her and we called the cops. need to wait and see now >

Comment

Glad your daughters okay

Hey the glass work part of this is really fairly easy... simply read the instructions on the can... get you some acetone to clean up with and have at it...

I'd strongly recommend that the Hood scoop be BOLTED to the hood rather then filled and flared in with glass... cause no amount of rivets nuts and bonding junk will keep the two dissimiliar materials from cracking once it's in paint...

K

Comment

Thanks Keith.

Yea, will definitely bolt it to the hood, seen a few that were glassed on and later cracked. Probably won't get to that until the end of summer though. Want to concentrate on getting it on the road first ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
                              nah, did some work on the car though, got interrupted when my daughter called to tell me she'd been hit by a car. was walking in the crosswalk with her friend when some lady hits her, knocks her down, yells "sorry" and speeds off. I was pissed!!! Luckily she's okay with a few cuts and bruises, some witnesses helped her and we called the cops. need to wait and see now >
                              Did anybody get a plate number? If so, they'll hang that lady. I'm glad that your daughter is ok.

I got home and tested the long board sander last night, and it seems to be ok. Would you like to use it? I could likely drop it off next weekend. I also found my DA; did you say that you already have one?

Comment

they only got a partial plate number Derryk, just need to wait and see. I'll need to let you know on the board, not ready for that yet. I made up some shields for the top and bottom of the rad to help the electric fan out and rerouted some lines and got the front end all buttoned up so I did get some work done, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X