Unnecessary Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnecessary Help

Went to the creek bottom to get the kids sand for the sandbox and "Chester" the local 120 year old donkey thought he needed to help. He's been around for at least 15 years and the farmer who put him in the pasture bought him because he felt sorry for him at the sale barn for 5.00. Chester is a cool dude.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chester.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1052140

checking the cross sill strength of the bed.
    Could have used his help this past weekend.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cool dude alright!

Comment

Darn handsome donkey. He's what we call a "Jesus Donkey" - note the cross on his back (over the shoulders and down his spine). The legend is that this happened after Jesus rode one into Jeursalem on Palm Sunday. Rub his ears for me - oh, and they love a scratch under the jaw.

Dan

Comment

Never new that Dan! My sister used to go and visit him when her and mom went on gator rides and no matter where he was in the pasture, she would call for him and he would go screaming and running to her.

Comment

Hola Burro!

There are a couple by Location X that won't answer to Hello Donkey but if you yell Hola Burro at them, they'll walk towards you.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Awesome ... "Chester" is BangShift approved !!!

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                Awesome ... "Chester" is BangShift approved !!!
                Amen. But legend has it, though I've never seen it, don't mess around with Chester's butt. According to folklore one of those critters kicked a 95 yard field goal using a farmer as the ball.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Amen. But legend has it, though I've never seen it, don't mess around with Chester's butt. According to folklore one of those critters kicked a 95 yard field goal using a farmer as the ball.

I don't know if chester could pull his legs up that far anymore. He might break in half.

Comment

With any equine, either walk RIGHT behind him or WAY far back. Folks seem to want to walk 3 or 4 feet behind them and that's PERFECT kicking distance. As you say, ol' Chester may not be up for any kickin; at his advanced years (I can relate).

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X