No announcement yet.

Is BangShift TOO Performance Oriented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BangShift TOO Performance Oriented?

As part of another discussion I noticed something. 1320, Apex and XL don't include any customizing or just cruising. No Rods, no Customs, no Donks, no Stanced. I can't think of what to call it, maybe "Car Art and Fun". But really, a bulldozer can find a place on the blog, but a street rod, donk or stanced import can't? Are our minds THAT closed? Where has Power tour been fitting in?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Not that closed, just Donks aren't my thing. I can get into the art of show cars and lowriders, hell anything that is well executed. I just lean more towards the performance and functional side of things.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

real power and stamina.
      it covers a lot of things, shamefully the past more than now..

I did find a v8 truck with manual tranny from the mid 90s.. just gotta stay bangshift alert and keep an eye open.

I heard a modern pickup today (2000s and newer), sounds like straight gears are in everything. Jacked up was nothing unusual.. sure do hear that one coming and going.
      A lot of stuff out there.

did they find a cast iron transfer? is there a blower under the hood? all kinds of questions.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I was with ya till you said donk . Those cars jacked up with huge rims , low profile tires , are just wrong on to many levels for me not to be hate'n . The whole point of low profile tires is to go around corners faster. You can't do that if you raise the center of gravity two feet. I don't care for cars with hydrolics in the chassis but no suspension. Basically , don't be stupid if you want a hot rodder to likebyour car . Now I will give them props on there paint jobs though . I was tempted to deleate this but hey Ive got 5 minutes in it. Its out there.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

All automotive customizing, whether you like the type or not should be supported by us "hot rodders"

I understand liking the drags, and all that power..

Personally, I like a car built over stock as slight upgrades DO IMPROVE output, be it driveability, mileage and power.

Example, I got shit for putting an Edelbrock Performer intake, headers, Holley 4 barrel, an a RV 2 cam in my flatbed.. It pulls loads smoother, faster, gets better MPG.. 8-12 mpg to 12-16 mpg.. Plus I could "play sportscar driver" when it was empty.. The mileage alone was worth it..

Comment

If I was here to judge I'd own one.

Comment

I find low-riders intriguing. I can respect the talent that goes into them but have no desire to build or own one. Maybe it's all the pretty colors that grabs my attention. I like drag racing but I really like taking curves at twice the suggested speed. Some things just defy logic and therefore do not compute. I prefer to drive my junk than to sit beside it in a lawn chair all day too. But too performance oriented, NEVER!!!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

If you try to take a donk mud bogging, that would be a great fit for Banghshift XL.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  As part of another discussion I noticed something. 1320, Apex and XL don't include any customizing or just cruising. No Rods, no Customs, no Donks, no Stanced. I can't think of what to call it, maybe "Car Art and Fun". But really, a bulldozer can find a place on the blog, but a street rod, donk or stanced import can't? Are our minds THAT closed? Where has Power tour been fitting in?

I've seen too many of those cars that just run like crap. When I see a car that has $100,000 in paint and body mods and engine dress up parts on it but then runs like total crap I just want to roll it upside down and set fire to it. Most show cars to me are just offensive. Now a total ####ing trash heap with a blown injected hemi sticking out of the hood and the thing runs deep into the 9's, that's a work of art. Damn the paint, on with the nitro!

Comment

Critique is part of any art form. Build anything unique and you will run the risk of being laughed at. Sometimes by a few, sometimes almost everyone. Nobody is immune. Not sanctioning bodies, not manufacturers (parts or vehicles) and certainly not magazines. But the art form thrives and survives.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                    X