Trying To Slow Down That Snowball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

I was thinking a mildly rusted truck wouldn't be as upset about more rust than the Impala, which is as far as I know, a Cali car and pretty much rust free. I'm thinking get the truck back on the road and do bodywork or whatever to the Impala over the winter to satisfy that garage itch and drive the truck. In the spring you can swap them out?

I'm the picture of project gone wrong, and you finish what you start, but I'd still get the truck back on the road rather than jackstand it this time of year!
    Everything on the truck, body wise, could wait until next spring. The rockers are pretty much toast. Everything else is not bad at all, but will need done at the same time. What is scary to me is all the 67-72's I see at the yard where the rockers let go until the owner stepped through them. I definitely don't want that to happen.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; August 23, 2015, 09:38 AM.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

If you can garage the truck or hose it off one winter may not matter. After all it has seen 48 of them already, most of them as "just that truck", not "THE truck". Another point about California cars. Often they were undercoat delete to save money or undercoated poorly at a western assembly plant. One midwest winter could prove fatal. Winter driving will prove interesting but most under-rate California drivers having to deal with the road oil after infrequent rains. If you get GOOD at snow it is a blast. Donuts for days and drift busting. Dangerous as hell, but what that is fun isn't?
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

That works as long as the winter beater doesn't cost a lot to own and keep running. I am selling one car so I can afford to paint another one because I am not made of money. I am already working overtime to pay for my house.
        I'm all in on that one - I sold two to pay for one project... sadly, it probably won't be enough... oh well.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If you've got friends willing to help I'd get it done if you can swing the coin.

Comment

Working...
          X