Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Make a German Racer Really Really Mad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Make a German Racer Really Really Mad?

You have him devise a strategy whereby he stops once when everybody else stops twice, and then he boils over when a tire blows out. Okay, Pirelli said 40 laps and he's thinking he had 30 on them, but wouldn't it slightly depend on what you DID to those tires in 30 laps?

I've worked with German engineers on capital projects. Like, white lab coats and stuff. They are precise. Way too precise. Inhumanly precise at times, and passionate about it. They'll argue with each other about a ten millionth of a micron. Otherwise a fun bunch and man do they ever like beer.

EDIT: i didn't tell the whole story from my experience working with Germans.

The company I work for was building a machine in Covington, TN. One of the Germans instructed the worker bees to put an I-beam in such a certain way. It was 180 degrees backward. The holes for the next piece of steel didn't even nearly line up. The German was pulling his hair out. We were all watching....sitting in chairs watching the show. He even went out there with a tape measure....was tearing the blueprints apart. It was more than a little entertaining. He couldn't believe he'd made a mistake. This German guy was a prime candidate for suicide watch. His veins were bulging.

The Tennessee guy sitting next to me said, "Leave it up to the Germans to start two World Wars and lose them both, and they still think they're right all the time." That was priceless.
    From Yahoo Sports: Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) (AFP) - A furious Sebastian Vettel faced possible post-race trouble with the stewards at Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix after the Ferrari driver raged about Pirelli’s 'unacceptable' tyres – and refused to be weighed at the end of the race. The 28-year-old four-time world champion was the victim of a spectacular high-speed tyre failure on the penultimate lap as he fought to retain third place under pressure from chasing Frenchman Romain Grosjean in a Lotus. Defending two-time world champion Briton Lewis Hamilton won the race ahead of his Mercedes team-mate and nearest title rival German Nico Rosberg to extend his championship lead to 28 points.
    Last edited by pdub; August 23, 2015, 03:40 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets
Working...
X