We Could Sell the House...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Could Sell the House...

...And live in a tent somewhere and have one of these under a soft cover parked next to the tent. No, not really, but DAYum.

And one thing about it, when you're driving a car you don't have to look at the front end of it (Unit and I both dislike the newest Mustangs, the "face"). But DAYum.

There are numerous tuned iterations of the latest-gen Ford Mustang currently on the market, but few boast the attention to detail of this one.
    Last edited by pdub; August 24, 2015, 02:00 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Pretty sure it would be a blast to drive.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

front end and wheels are just BUTT ugly.
      other wise, like the hood and new rear end.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I could drive that car so hard into the wall at Road Atlanta... they'd have to re-pour those concrete "grandstands" on the back end of the track.

EDIT: Before I found an outfit that would let me drive the car all by myself on the road course.....There had to be an instructor in the car. An experienced guy, talking in your ear the whole time. After 6 or 8 times on road courses, it's time to do it yourself, for better or worse.

I've kinda told this story before....He was from Indiana. A frustrated race car driver. He was 25 years old. I asked him in the course of the day at Road Atlanta, "So why don;t you race?" He got distant.....".I don't want to get into that story."

Like all instructors, he was telling me the line around the track the whole time, but at least he didn't grab the steering wheel like one guy did on another track. He was begging me to go faster, Red wasn't going fast enough at Road Atlanta to suit him. I didn't know this guy....there's no way he's driving Red.

Between runs, he thought about it and made a compromise.....YOU ride with ME. I hate riding with anybody else but in Porsche 911? Yeah, okay. I'm now sitting in a car that costs more than our house. A new Porsche 911. It doesn't belong to my driver, but his friend gave him the keys to it.

Since the car didn't belong to him, my instructor didn't want to mistreat or abuse the car. So he held it down to about 150 mph down the back straight at Road Atlanta. Turn 10A at the end of that straight....man, this is fun. 10B, going up the hill. Under the bridge and down the cliff into 12....that's where I wanted out of the car. The guy driving was talking the whole time...."There's a flat spot right of center where you can get more grip." The car went, WHAP_WHAP"

I'm not going to lie, I was scared shitless. I closed my eyes looking at that wall going into 12. I'd never seen stuff go by so fast coming down that hill, and I'd been down that hill a whole bunch of times before.

Red and I are no threat on a road course. Not for time anyhow. If you like performance driving, I'd recommend a day on a road course though.
        Last edited by pdub; August 24, 2015, 04:37 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I told Jennifer the other day we could sell our house and take the money and buy a shack and not have a house payment ever again.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            ...And live in a tent somewhere and have one of these under a soft cover parked next to the tent. No, not really, but DAYum.

And one thing about it, when you're driving a car you don't have to look at the front end of it (Unit and I both dislike the newest Mustangs, the "face"). But DAYum.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/2015-gal...445425017.html
            Pdub, I have to agree about the front end. It looks like it just sucked an an extra-sour lemon!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

It's an O.K. car, it's just not a Mustang. Call it something else. Maybe The Ford Stallion. Certainly NOT The Ford Quarterhorse. I got it, The Ford Arabian! Should completely finish killing sales in the south.
              Last edited by RockJustRock; August 24, 2015, 09:02 PM.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

You can't sleep in it...

Comment

So the moderators will say "RJR bashing 2015 Mustangs will hurt BangShift and the hobby". If a proud new Mustang owner decides to dabble in sports and wanders here, what will their reaction be? Will they go away mad? Doubtful. Will they defend their $50K buying decision? More likely. Will they call all their friends to thrash me to a pulp in print? Oh boy, I sure hope so!

Comment

Just like a Hoover, it sucks. Maybe Ford's new spirit creature is the anteater.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Actually I'm thinking more like a carp. That fish is revered in Japan. Maybe they are after the Asian Market....

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1053059

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1053060

And Lord save us from this! Nice to know it is being considered, BUT.....

Name:	MustangTruck_illus_cdauto_33114_1.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1053061

Comment

What can you haul in THAT, without bending the car at the doors? Even a soft bed will not fit!

Comment

It had to be THAT color! PDub! Stop parking Red and Bubba so close to each other, THAT could happen!
                          Attached Files

Comment

haul at least as much as an Chevy SSR, which sold so..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what was I talking about?

oh yeah. Stangamino. We'll never see one. Maybe a wagon. Me and the other 11 wierdos on the planet might buy one if the price was right. Probably as likely to happen now as it was then.

AMC made one and they're out of business. What does that tell you? The Hornet could have been a contender in the sleeper category, but it really doesn't work as a trucklet.

This works for me - but we'll never see it either. Sigh.

Last edited by Beagle; August 25, 2015, 12:23 PM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Some people just can't keep their hands off an attractive butt!

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1053078

But I'm confused, the result is pregnant looking....

Comment

Working...
                              X