Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HellKittens?

My hobby is needing a hobby.

A Hellcat without a big honking V8, I don't care how much more HP, I draw the line! Besides if you're buying a Hellcat are you seriously worrying about gas mileage?
    Last edited by corvettedad; August 24, 2015, 05:14 PM.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

They are selling too many cars. It draws down the Corporate Average Fuel Economy or CAFE. If a company sells too many inefficent cars they have to charge and pay a gas guzzler tax. It's O.K. a twin turbo six should be good for 1000 HP.

Comment

The article does not say what the power / torque ratings of the new four & six banger twin-turbo engines will yield, but if it is less than the current V-8 supercharged and normally aspirated versions, I speculate that sales will plummet !

Comment

I know..... Sigh! I guess I'm just old school and to old to change.

Comment

Fiat is already charging gas guzzler tax on them .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I dunno, I'm not against turbo charging the V8. I keep saying that the hellcat is going to be dodges last gasp. Seriously, the finicial headache the company is for fiat they would probably like to give up on it. the hellcat is the writting on the wall, going out with a bang. That's ok, I can join my plymouth brothers over at the orphan car show.

Comment

Just goes to show that the feds should mind there own buisness and let us spend our money as we wish. If I want to drive a car with 700 hp and spend my money on gas I should be able to.
                Last edited by antmnte; August 24, 2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

It's been going on since '78. Chrysler has thumbed it's nose at it several times but the party always ends. The sick part of it is the manufacturers aren't allowed to pass all of the cost on the the buyers, only half. The Technology has improved and the tastes of buyers have changed so the standard shouldn't be necessary, but it continues. The Hellcat is an image leader. Hellcats sell other Challengers and Chargers and even a few Darts.

Comment

That's gotta be a spoof site. If they're trying to be serious they have no credibility and need to try again.

1) They don't cite sources, they don't even try to cite sources. Anyone can just make up BS claims.

2) The next gen Mustang GT will come with a 1.0L Ecoboost.

3) The 6.2L is the Hellcat. If there's no 6.2 Hemi, there's no Hellcat.

Comment

I got it from Google News. This one is older, claims to be an authority and has no extra vowels. Still sketch....

Comment

They at least hint that they have sources. I can see the Hellcats and Hemis being done after 2019. It'd be a shame, but 4 years for one model and 16 for an engine isn't unheard of. It'd be a shame, but I think we all knew it wouldn't last forever. And IIRC, Sergio's never been a fan of the bigger V8s, so I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Comment

It seems to me that the articles writer does not really know what the Hellcat is. They seem to be using the Hellcat name to represent ALL challengers. If this is the case, then they would mean that the turbo 4/6 is coming to the overall challenger line, a la mustang Ecoboost and the camero's new turbo four.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                            It seems to me that the articles writer does not really know what the Hellcat is. They seem to be using the Hellcat name to represent ALL challengers. If this is the case, then they would mean that the turbo 4/6 is coming to the overall challenger line, a la mustang Ecoboost and the camero's new turbo four.
                            As an old top operator on the machine once said " possible nonpossible ". We just looked at him! Product of seniority not intelligence!

Comment

Working...
                            X