The CARS are dangerous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CARS are dangerous!

I wouldn't buy most of these simply because they're ugly. I wonder if people realize that just being on the road is dangerous and always has been?
    I find it interesting they dump all the blame on the machine and not the millions of idiots that are either bad drivers or do stupid shit while doing it.

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
    I find it interesting they dump all the blame on the machine and not the millions of idiots that are either bad drivers or do stupid shit while doing it.
    Seriously ?
    You read that article and this was your take-away from it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
      I wouldn't buy most of these simply because they're ugly. I wonder if people realize that just being on the road is dangerous and always has been?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...47DHP#image=14
      My take on it is a small overlap frontal collision is not one you want to be in,and they sure went out of their way to drive that home, 20 times. And the No. 1 most dangerous car, the 2-door Wrangler, the one in the photo doesn't even have any doors or windows. Let's see...head neck, side, pretty darned dangerous. Why didn't they just go ahead and put a motorcycle (any motorcycle) on that dangerous list?

Do y'all recall that video from a few years back, where they did the small overlap frontal collision between a new Chevy and one of the old X-frame Chevys? The new one ate right through the old one because of the old X-frame, right? I don't know what a study like this one is supposed to prove. And I'll bet Audi is probably not pleased that the A4 is on the list at all.

I've got an idea. Let's hit a Smart Car with a bread truck and see what happens. Studies like this one are jaded, assuming all things on the highway are equal and they are not and never will be. I don't know why folks even bother to do stories like this one. Folks read those stories and actually take that into account when they're buying a car, any car, and that much is absurd.
      Last edited by pdub; August 25, 2015, 01:59 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

1. those little cars today, they are the price of a 96 gmc with a/c.. almost 20 years ago.
        2. not even germany knows how fast and long america stays.
        3. Not a single foreign maker acknowledges arctic. (the entire top half of the united states)
        4. Composites are a fairy tale as you get closer to the equator.

I tried to be nice to save a boxer engine from a japan. I had to get back into a 6000 pound pickup to continue to break things... on a lesser scale.
        I even popped something in my hiatus sitting up straight after 17 years.

These articles revealing the dangerous...

people are too stupid to notice, caught up in their precious little circles.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

I've got an idea. Let's hit a Smart Car with a bread truck and see what happens. Studies like this one are jaded, assuming all things on the highway are equal and they are not and never will be. I don't know why folks even bother to do stories like this one. Folks read those stories and actually take that into account when they're buying a car, any car, and that much is absurd.
          i knew someone that pulled out in front of a Tahoe in his Smart car. They towed to Tahoe, he drove his Smart car home.
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

For a half time show, the promotor had a 76 Dodge nail a 55 Dodge.. Pushed it on the bank! They rolled it back down on it's side and the roof flattened and the front fenders and hood flew off..
            Newer cars survive crashes better..
            76 ishy GM full sizers ar good like the same years Mopars, but Fords SUX!
            Crown Vics ar pretty good but take some work to last..

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

My take on it is a small overlap frontal collision is not one you want to be in,and they sure went out of their way to drive that home, 20 times. And the No. 1 most dangerous car, the 2-door Wrangler, the one in the photo doesn't even have any doors or windows. Let's see...head neck, side, pretty darned dangerous. Why didn't they just go ahead and put a motorcycle (any motorcycle) on that dangerous list?

Do y'all recall that video from a few years back, where they did the small overlap frontal collision between a new Chevy and one of the old X-frame Chevys? The new one ate right through the old one because of the old X-frame, right? I don't know what a study like this one is supposed to prove. And I'll bet Audi is probably not pleased that the A4 is on the list at all.

I've spent 3 months off work recovering from a hip fracture.

Thankfully, it wasn't a car accident that got me - was an extremely unlucky mountain bike crash.

However, let's say I had this injury in a car accident, and a safer car would've prevented the injury. I would gladly buy a different, safer car to get a few months of my life back, not to mention earn my full salary rather than the two-thirds disability rate.

Old cars are unsafe, and I have no illusions that my Fox Body would crash well. However, I don't drive it a lot. For a new car that sees a bunch of miles a year, I would definitely put a high value on the safety rating as criteria.

Comment

Working...
              X