Street Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fight

Usually decided with the first blow that lands.

Rule #1: Don't get hit. Even if you do not throw the first punch, move or block. Usually the wild swing is easy to avoid. Stance and situational awareness will win here every time.

Rule #2: If you are throwing a blow, be focused and deliberate, and connect hard. This will end it 99%.of the time. The other 1%, you had better be good.

Speaking from experience Steve? Just kidding. Now a days thugs just pull out a gun and shoot you. When my MIL lived in NYC that's what she would tell me.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

My dad passed on this wisdom to me - the only fair fight is the one you win.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I just recently had some teens ask me to teach them how to fight. It was amazing how completely defenseless they were. I started with those key points before sparring. It takes a surprising number of quick face slaps (minimal contact) to get them to even keep hands up. I just kind of figured everyone would know the basics growing up.

Comment

Not me, I didn't live on your street, apparently
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

A swift kick to the nuts frequently wins. There is no such thing as a fair fight is what my uncle always told me.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              A swift kick to the nuts frequently wins. There is no such thing as a fair fight is what my uncle always told me.
              Yup... attack the giblets... mercilessly
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

street fights normally do not have real anger, a temporary outburst.

there is manuevres that can end a life in seconds. To know this... peace is a better answer.
                I did have the luck to have a brother 1 year younger, we are opposite in many ways.

could only fight so much. City upbringing is the biggest lesson. Fighting sucks. You'll just end up with the sarcasm of a well worked taxi driver in the end.

peace.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

At my size I've learned to walk away. I do have quick enough wits to verbally cut 'em to shreds but most folks who would pick a fight don't realize I've savaged them for a day or two.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    At my size I've learned to walk away. I do have quick enough wits to verbally cut 'em to shreds but most folks who would pick a fight don't realize I've savaged them for a day or two.

Dan
                    Me too Dan, me too.

This is mighty old and worn out, but it's still one of my all-time favorites:

Last edited by pdub; August 31, 2015, 04:08 PM.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well, in an armed showdown, you are almost always making a big mistake with any talk. If you are holding the gun any talk will work against you, with rare exception if you are.in a disadvantaged situation. Talk is just distraction in these circumstances, and.can only benefit you if you are already disadvantaged.

In a street fight, talk can often work. If.you are good your adversary will usually end it with high five or "it's cool, bro talk before the situation comes to blows. This is the outcome 75% of the time if you are good at psyching out the foe. Maybe more. The most effective thing here is to show no fear or threath.

Comment

If you can't beat them with your hands, pick up a big stick. Once you get them on the ground, put the boots to them because if you don't they'll get back up and do it to you.
                        One of my old mans best lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55 View Post
                          If you can't beat them with your hands, pick up a big stick. Once you get them on the ground, put the boots to them because if you don't they'll get back up and do it to you.
                          One of my old mans best lessons.
                          That's a good way to end up with a broken spleen..... don't ask me how I know.

Comment

It is always best to defuse a potentially dangerous situation. That should be the first objective.

Comment

Working...
                            X