Craigslist Experts Step In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BACK ON TOPIC!

I mean as if I've never hi-jacked a thread, but this is mine.

O.K. my mini van urge is dead. I still look upon them with favor though. You see the mini van is the car enthusiasts talked Detroit into building. There were custom vans. There were mini trucks. At first the big three fought mini trucks off. You see it costs nearly as much to build a mini truck as a regular one. Most of the expense of a car is labor and it is equal. Detroit hedged by importing them at first. Luv, Courier and Arrow. But the public wanted a small van to customise. Dodge was first with the Caravan, Moms looked and swooned and the rest is history.

Anyway that Black Panther Crown Vic has set the hook. If there is one that hasn't been ground into dust as a taxi, there must be more. So, when shopping, what wears out first on them? What wears out most expensively? Are they still around at Govt. auctions? Mod motor or 5.0? What years are best?
    Last edited by RockJustRock; September 1, 2015, 07:07 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      I disagree wholeheartedly.

There is something wrong with mini-vans..................there, I came right out and said it. Flame me if you will, everyone thinks it.......they are just scared to say it.

I don't know... one of the funniest things I've seen was a guy in a Honda whatever the hell they call their minivan with a 260hp 3.5 V6. He clearly didn't like it or was very late going wherever he was going, white smoking the left front all the way through an intersection and probably half way through second gear.

I've given thought to the Honda whatever they call it, and then the meds kicked in. I'd never admit it here if I bought one though.

Back on topic, I'd look for a post 2000 model PI mod motor, and probably 2004 up (maybe 2003, I can't remember when they did it) with the removable front clip / rack and pinion setup just in case I hated the car and wanted to pirate the front end for an F150....
      Last edited by Beagle; September 2, 2015, 07:12 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Like any other type of car THERE'S A FORUM FOR THAT. Timing chain tensioners and transmission valving. 2004 is best. In case anyone is interested:

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
        X