Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Camper or van?

Are these worth anything?

WOW, only if you want to be out run by snails.

Two strikes, it's gas powered and it's automatic. If it was a diesel you could swap an inline 4 in its place and have something that could get out of its own way.

I stopped working on VWs in 1986 for a reason, and this is a perfect example of that reason.

jmo, fwiw....with this a $3 you could get coffee at a donut shop.....
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

No. Just no.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Oh yes, yes, yes. $500 transaxle in that, easy. WasserBoxer engine, eh, not much demand there.

Or you could fix it and flip it.

EDIT: Missed the automatic part. Forget it.....only the Retro-Yuppies would be interested, and they don't have any money to spend anyways.

Last edited by STINEY; September 3, 2015, 02:04 PM.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

fair enough

Comment

water-cooled (or "Wasserboxer")

those are good for 160hp. They shipped wimpy as a subaru however. A guy in massachussetts proved it real simple...not sure if his business is still open.

the synchro awd manual is the money maker...but all of them never lose.
            That is a great starting price for what is needed. I would not pay it, but only if I had a pile of spare vw to help it.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The only ones that are worth anything are Westfailures, and Wolfsburg Edition Euro vans. I sold 2 of them at the junkyard.
              Both were autos, one was a Westfailure pop top with a bad trans, the other was a Wolfsburg Euro that needed some TLC.
              Vanagons usually end up with Subaru power. I've seen VR6, Audi V6, Porsche, and V8 swaps...

This guy opted for Chevy power..

Last edited by tardis454; September 3, 2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X