Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

I did not hate Tony in this one.
    Local person
    sigpic

Comment

great show..

the tranny needs a metal base shifter. it is funny, the first thing I saw was the new venture and thought: it has got the long throw bad plastic shifter.
      First thing I fought with was 4th gear.

the other weird thing that may drop prices for old chevies trucks ..

the number one success 35 years onward is the bulletproof electrical. Remove the asian trailer brake stuff. In fact I am assuming the worst sarcasm attempt by freiburger ever.
      bizarre comment. Meanwhile those guys fry everything forgetting loopbacks and diodes.

it is truly a fun show to watch.

if they want to continue with the rotsun... find a 1993 and later nv3500 for the v6, plop the whole thing right in.. don't forget the hurst base shift at a minimum. They are lucky the wild stray forks did not go wild and blow the case.

the 96 version in my truck sounds like a supercharger, stays ice cold. All summer long... I can surpass 10k pounds and not even think twice about it.

have fun.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 4, 2015, 08:45 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks Tim -
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

there's a saying in the stock market that if you've read it in the Wall Street Journal; it's already too late. Sometimes I wonder if this is the same thing - Wayne Carini and now Roadkill have both 'done' LeMons, now it's mainstream, no longer edgy, therefore done. All that's left is the paradies. After all, they spent 30,000 on their $500 car - you spend enough and you can forget crapcans and get into a real race car...
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd still love to do one of the Lemons races. That would be a total blast!
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
              I'd still love to do one of the Lemons races. That would be a total blast!
              same here tedly, started craiglist searchs right after that episode
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

btw - really my prior comment wasn't criticism but wondering if magazine attention changes the basic premise.

Comment

Hot Rod covered The 24 Hours of Lemons right after it started, I know that was at least 5 years ago if not longer. The winner got the prize money ($1500 I think?) paid to them in nickels.
                  Last edited by tedly; September 4, 2015, 04:17 PM.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Hot Rod did change drag racing with the safety safari...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      there's a saying in the stock market that if you've read it in the Wall Street Journal; it's already too late. Sometimes I wonder if this is the same thing - Wayne Carini and now Roadkill have both 'done' LeMons, now it's mainstream, no longer edgy, therefore done. All that's left is the paradies. After all, they spent 30,000 on their $500 car - you spend enough and you can forget crapcans and get into a real race car...
                      you spend 30,000 for real and you'll have a half million bullshit penalty laps... not a chance of podium finish. I think Burning Man still attracts some real "Individuals"
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yep, they penalize laps for however much over $500 they decide you have spent.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                          Yep, they penalize laps for however much over $500 they decide you have spent.
                          I think I read the record is 1,000,000 BS penalty laps. There's an owner with an active sense of humor, putting that much money out there on the track with some for real 500.00 crapcans!
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                          X