Lee Stewart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Stewart

Folks, my opinion is what it is, but I LIKE this guy already. WELCOME Lee!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

WoW! My Own Thread! Thanks peewee!!!

I have been a poster on many of the BangShift Main Menu Topics, especially those that involve muscle cars from the 1960s/early 1970s. I never realized there was a Forum at this site though like the nose on my face, I didn't see it. I was looking something up today on Google and one of the URLs lead me to the BS Forum. Joined immediately and started posting.

I am retired from Corporate IT Sales (30 years) and recently moved from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to ABQ, NM. Before FL I lived in New York - mostly Long Island where I grew up but spent some time in Ithaca and Syracuse. I am divorced (34 blissful years - there are two definitions to compromise: meeting in the middle . . . . . and never getting your own way). My 40 year old son lives with me. We are roommates/best friends/father and son depending on the situation.

I have numerous interests such as Drag Racing, Muscle Cars of the 1962-1972 Era, Home Theater, Fishing (which unfortunately I no longer do) and Reading - Fiction.

My favorite car of all time is the 1969 Z/28 Camaro. I owned one in 1973.

So how many posts do I have to make before I can change my FNG to something more appropriate?
    Last edited by Lee Stewart; September 7, 2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Keep clicking Lee, it's numbers. You're a breath of fresh air, thank so much for climbing in.

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse, Lee!
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

How much do you know about us Lee? There's a teeming cast of characters here. Terri (elcaminogirl) went 136 mph in an older El Camino at the Ohio Mile. Just stuff like that.

Comment

Correction, Pdub, it was 137!!
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
              Correction, Pdub, it was 137!!
              Shit. That must have been another run. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                How much do you know about us Lee? There's a teeming cast of characters here. Terri (elcaminogirl) went 136 mph in an older El Camino at the Ohio Mile. Just stuff like that.
                I know very little about people that post here. But I do look forward to learning all about those that frequently post here. I started a new thread with hopes that people will post about that exact topic - how fast have you driven/gone in a car.

Thanks again guys for the welcomes - greatly appreciated.

Comment

Any friend of p-dub is a friend of mine. Welcome to the asylum, Lee.
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Gee Lee with that profile description we could almost be twin's separated at birth! LOL Hope you can make some get togethers and of course HRPT we tend to have a REALLY good time. Burnouts are not mandatory but highly encouraged.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

welcome lee.
                      I pretend to be slow, less trouble.

I am northern point of view that cracks 3/4 tons in half and stretches monte carlos for going too fast.

I am safest in a hot rod forum. Computer careers and not forgetting primitives... awesome.
                      My highlight in life is crew chief during gulf 1 era. 6.5 years... life and death Disabled veteran.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Lee - Dan here. Retired old guy (68 and a bit) who does stuff when the spirit moves me. I have a '88 Mustang convert with a '96 5.8l in it - been sitting in the back corner of the shop for way too long. I've been building a LSR S-10 pickup with a '85 5 cylinder (3.0l) Mercedes Diesel. I have a few runs on it and so far am at 101.1918 (in round figures). Just finishing up the intercooler installation and I'd making some tuning changes - stay tuned for results. DD is a early 02 Dodge/Cummins (it's been 117.8xxx) trailer puller and my sweetie drives an '08 HHR. No brand loyalty at all.

And Lee - don't skip the Project Car section. Too much cool stuff to talk about!

Life is grand!

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; September 7, 2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

We've gotta get this guy to the Gearhead Inn. Lee, do you know the way there? Are we there yet?

EDIT: Seriously. I mean really, sure enough, no kidding.
                          Last edited by pdub; September 7, 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Lee , glad to have you on the forum side . While most of my time he I've owned a L98 350 GTA trans am I put a T5 in and later a LT1 , I love sleepers . My weapon of choice are 350 S10 s . Ive don 2 and one 305 tbi 5 speed and one v8 astro and for the life of me I can't remember if it was a 305 or a 350. Ive have so many SBCs go thru my hands. Also had a V8 Monza . That car was a blast . It took me as fast as I've ever been . And while it never saw a track . I'd say in forth with 235 ×50×13 in 4th with a 2.73 gear Im in the 130 -140 . Bracket . Dan I hear you snickering over there in the corner , and I respect that . Anyway, the GTA got rear ended a year ago and I moved over to a 87 Corvette to get away from rust repair for ever . L98 auto car no idea the rear axle . Just having fun driving it and fixing things up as money allows
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              We've gotta get this guy to the Gearhead Inn. Lee, do you know the way there? Are we there yet?

EDIT: Seriously. I mean really, sure enough, no kidding.

Might pull that off.. After all he is next door to you at NM?

Comment

Working...
                              X