General Motors Will Pay $900 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Motors Will Pay $900 Million

General Motors will pay $900 million to settle criminal charges related to its flawed ignition switch that has been tied to at least 124 deaths.

"Problems with the ignition switch could shut off the car while it was being driven, disabling the airbag, power steering and power brakes -- and putting drivers and passengers at risk."

"GM had already admitted that its employees were aware of the problem nearly a decade before it started to recall millions of the cars early last year. That delay is the basis behind the criminal charges."

Every company has problems with their product, so that's not what bothers me. It's the fact they keep it secret.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
      Every company has problems with their product, so that's not what bothers me. It's the fact they keep it secret.
      Just look for evolutions of the silence on our own.

I just saw a ford taurus pull in, right onto the lawn. She saw me and stopped, it was an elderly lady. I got under the hood, vapors rolling out. The power steering gave out.
      Fluid rolling out onto the manifold. My subaru caught on fire to that stuff leaking..

Anyway, the "tragic" key problem, it only goes to show GM has to build for the not so quick thinkers as well as for us who throw in a master switch to make something our own.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Wonder if the HHR is up for part of that pot? Although we've never had an issue with the switch.

Dan

Comment

GM stock went UP after the announcement evidently 900mil was less then they expected
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I thought the news said the fine was greater than the payout to the victims families ? Odd, seems it should be the other way around.

Here's another point to ponder - who gets the $900 million dollar fine ? We know where the $575 million dollar settlements will go.
            Last edited by 70chevyC-10; September 18, 2015, 04:24 PM.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Typical. The rich pay a fine and the poor get charged with murder. And, in this case, the guilty are not even paying the fine. The stockholders are paying it.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                Typical. The rich pay a fine and the poor get charged with murder. And, in this case, the guilty are not even paying the fine. The stockholders are paying it.
                I guess I have no problems with capital after that.

do the right thing came from a city boy... it does not matter how big things get.
                How small can they make the problems.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                X