So, Holley's bought out MSD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Holley's bought out MSD...

First time I saw that headline I figured it was a hoax and checked their websites. It's for real.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I wonder what products are going to be on the chopping block?

most of the chopped stuff is chopped. I actually bought some..
    the manual advance dial. I feel stupid for that one.

as holley hangs onto carbs, the digital ignition has to tie in to stay in modern standards.
    the msd 6530 can go anywhere...

this means they could get any carb to work in the most stubborn of states, even as they are burning in hell.

great idea to go together. I'd like to see all sizes of fuel injection. the less than 600cfm crowd will make them billions...they just need to make it.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Holley could see MSD getting deeper into EFI and an integrated ignition/injection is a stronger package. Face it, would you ever choose a system with a Holley ignition over one with an MSD one?

Biggest Question, Will BangShift continue to get two checks for ads?
      Last edited by RockJustRock; September 25, 2015, 10:43 AM.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

this is old news. they had MSD product and advertising at their truck on power tour.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

hopefully more seamless integration between product lines!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            hopefully more seamless integration between product lines!
            they could be an icon for every engine left dangling..
            simply offer sizing.

if they come out with a small cfm, even my subaru is getting it.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I think you will see more mergers and companies getting bought out this coming year unless something changes in the racing industry.

Some forms of racing appear to be doing ok but others are really having a difficult time and sales are not where they should be.

The recent National NHRA event at Charlotte was an example of the problem. A lack of fans attending the races.

Jim Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                I think you will see more mergers and companies getting bought out this coming year unless something changes in the racing industry.

Some forms of racing appear to be doing ok but others are really having a difficult time and sales are not where they should be.

The recent National NHRA event at Charlotte was an example of the problem. A lack of fans attending the races.

Jim Hill
                because it's just dodge and chevy racing in the big classes. i prefer the stock and super stock classes anyway
                Last edited by cobra; September 30, 2015, 09:32 AM.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

One company market domination is not healthy.

Comment

Just look at Microsoft
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      Holley could see MSD getting deeper into EFI and an integrated ignition/injection is a stronger package. Face it, would you ever choose a system with a Holley ignition over one with an MSD one?
                      Yes, definitely. Holley's CNP setup is either the same IGN-1A coils we sell or the similar but somewhat less hot Mercury Marine version, I'm not sure which. The IGN-1As can hang with just about any ignition short of a magneto (and I've seen them substituted for a magneto before with some success), but would also be something I wouldn't hesitate to use on a cross country road trip.

And stuffing a CDI box into an ECU would be a bad idea from a reliability and noise control standpoint. Better to keep the CDI box isolated, and easily replaced.

Comment

Working...
                      X