GMC 702ci V12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    ...but it's a friggin VEE TWELVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And not only that it's a 702 cubic inch V12!!!!!!!!
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      I think I'd rather have a 3000 hp Merlin......
      If only you could afford one!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Only one place for a motor like that.

Comment

So I'm thinking how hard would it be to put a couple of 6-71 blowers on this? Is there a way to run one blower off the back of the other blower?
          Last edited by BigAL; October 2, 2015, 03:14 PM.
          The Green Machine.

Comment

Some of teh twin engine dragsters from teh 60's did what you were asking about. From the back bearing plate on teh front motor/blower to the regualr drive on the front of the back motor. Bayer and Freitas dual engine small block dragster comes to mind. Search web and see.

Comment

two blowers is a neat idea. 4-71 blowers would work, too.

look up the "magnum" GMC V6 engines. They had better flowing ports, manifolds, etc.

My fabulous web page

Comment

I like the idea of 4-71's would give it more of an old school look, you wouldn't happen to know the casting numbers of the heads your talking about, would you?
                The Green Machine.

Comment

no, but there's a GMC V6 group somewhere...yahoo maybe? those guys talk about this stuff. The Magnum parts came later on, in the mid 60s, I think.
                  Last edited by squirrel; October 2, 2015, 04:38 PM.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

that really is cute....

it really is a good thing Brian and Chad don't come in here.... they'd both have to take themselves to the hospital for a woody that lasts longer then 4 hours.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If only you could afford one!
                      You got that right........
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

no, but there's a GMC V6 group somewhere...yahoo maybe? those guys talk about this stuff. The Magnum parts came later on, in the mid 60s, I think.
                        One f the links I posted says which engines have the magnum heads..
                        Starting with the 351, not all 351's are magnums..
                        It also explains how to tell..

Comment

Magnum Engines

"Magnum" refers to 1966 and up 351M, 401M and 478M V6's with the large port heads.
                          The 351E V6 which was available from 1966 to 1968 in 1/2 to 1 ton trucks is essentially
                          a Magnum engine, as it has the big port heads and bigger manifolds. If you ever run
                          into some old magazine adds from 1966 it mentions the 351 Magnum engine available as
                          a high performance option. The 351's were available both as Magnums and small port
                          head 351C engines up to 1972. In 1973 the 351 was stroked to a 379, but never got the
                          Magnum heads and retained the anemic little WW2 carburetor. Though GMC never designated
                          the 432 with an "M" it was a Magnum engine. The intake manifold design was different on
                          the magnum engines to give more power and better torque by adding an internal baffle
                          that acts to develop better fuel distribution and also pulses that help to charge the
                          cylinders better. The exhaust manifolds have bigger and smoother passages and are
                          not restricted at the collector. They are found in 4000 and up series trucks. Magnum
                          Head V6's have much higher flowing exhaust manifolds due to the larger ports and passages
                          and the collector is considerably larger like about 3 inches in diameter. The 351E is in
                          all reality a pickup truck version of the 351M engine and has large ports and passages
                          in the manifold, but it has the bottleneck at the collector just like all the 305A, D
                          and E V6 manifolds. These manifolds are identified by their I-beam shape. 351M, 401M,
                          432 and 478M manifolds have even bigger passages but won't match up to smaller port heads
                          on the 305 V6 but will on the 351E which has the Magnum Heads. The 351C and 379 heads are
                          basically the same small port heads as the 305-A, B, D and E engines. 1960-65 401 and 478
                          also have small port heads but larger valves. 1966 to 1974 351E, 351M, 401M, 432 and 478M
                          share the larger port "Magnum" heads, that's what the "M" designation stands for. The bigger
                          "M" heads will bolt to a 305 if you're into increasing the performance of your engine.

Comment

It does not specify if the V-12 has magnum heads or not...
                            It is based off the 351... 351X2=702...
                            says above the 351 came with and withOUT magnum heads

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              702= 1485 lbs dry.

3 times the weight of a small block chevy for lots of torque and maximum rpm of 2400. 250 hp..
                              All info needed is in this link.. Including pics of a couple neat looking rigs!

Comment

Magnum heads won't work with the V12 intake, so if I want to use them I would have to do a custom intake.
                                The Green Machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X