X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody in to scale trains? check out this

Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: anybody in to scale trains? check out this

That's insane! I've been into model trains since I was 5, I'm a member of the model train museum in San Diego. I used to be a member of one of the clubs down there. My interest in the hobby has pretty much been put on the back burner for the past 6 years but someday I'll get back to it. If you think car guys are crazy, model train guys are, Um, "Special" :P
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

My father-in-law was WAY into H.O. model trains for many years. He even made the cover of a couple mags (don't remember which ones).

Gary, he lives in San Diego, maybe you know him, Bob Schimmel?

Comment

I'm 'HEAVY-HEAVY' into Trains(ANOTHER 'MALE' hobby,shot to Hell ;D!!...),'N'-Scale actually. Got THREE Rooms set aside for my collection/as well as my actual Layout. Not long ago(about 5 weeks...),I recived a 20-unit order of new Atlas MP-15's. $960-worth ;D. Is no Male Hobby 'safe' from me ;) :D?! ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by L98camino
          My father-in-law was WAY into H.O. model trains for many years. He even made the cover of a couple mags (don't remember which ones).

Gary, he lives in San Diego, maybe you know him, Bob Schimmel?
          Name dosen't ring a bell. There are two HO clubs at the museum with alot of members and I haven't been down there in about 4 years. It is possible that I'd know him if I saw him, that happens often.

Comment

My wife said he just sold off almost all of his stuff. ???

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
              I'm 'HEAVY-HEAVY' into Trains(ANOTHER 'MALE' hobby,shot to Hell ;D!!...),'N'-Scale actually. Got THREE Rooms set aside for my collection/as well as my actual Layout. Not long ago(about 5 weeks...),I recived a 20-unit order of new Atlas MP-15's. $960-worth ;D. Is no Male Hobby 'safe' from me ;) :D?! ~J/W-OO6.
              That's why I've put away the trains, I can only afford one hobby at a time. From 1989 to 1998 I probably spent upwards of $10,000 on model train stuff! :P

Comment

One of my oldest friends is a Serious collector and model builder... he has rooms filled with boxes of stuff... and I mean Stuff... lots and lots of STUFF....

Fascinating hobby... not my cup of tea...but another one of those...that is a blast for you to own so we can check it out...

K

Comment

My father was a model train fan but never got around to putting up a single track.
                  He bought the trains, track etc., but they?re all still in their boxes, brand new.

Comment

Wow, a lot of 'closets' opening here... :D ;)

Here's mine;
                    I have a couple of large boxes with modeltrain stuff. They contain about a 100 feet of tracks, size "HO', and by last count (what I recall) about 12 to 15 locomotives and a bunch more wagons. Well over 50 I recall.
                    I haven't opened the modeltrain-boxes in over 10-15 years orso, just about when I started playing with cars.
                    Opening these boxes will be like opening Pandora's box I think and will create a really deep recession for me I guess ;)

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                    JW, YOU could be a very dangerous person! Financially speaking then ofcourse ;D
                    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

For me, I always had more fun building the towns and geography for the trains. I never really cared if the train ever rolled.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X