Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    I told ya how... VINEGAR and 20/10!
    Just got back from the store with it......Cleaning vinegar!

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post

Just got back from the store with it......Cleaning vinegar!
      I just cleaned a very dirty reefer with it yesterday.. I think I will wipe with water today.. Smell does linger..

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        This stuff works great - - I think a 3 pak at Sam's was about $8.00 or so PW but you can get singles elsewhere for a little more. Try it, you'll like it.

Yep, there it is. Unit brought it home. She read the directions on the can, too small of a font for me to see. Don't drink it, don't smoke it, don't get it in your eyes and use gloves. It HAS to be good...
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Here's something I hadn't considered.....Unit comes home with Sprayway and says, "Try it on Red first."

Okay, I'll get his back glass. Since I put that shark bar in there, I'll have to go in through the trunk to get to it. Can you say contortion and limbo?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reds Back Seat.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1064481

Comment

"Contortion and limbo".........yes, said it.

Comment

As hard as that was.....an old man twisted and grunting inside the trunk of a Mustang....the Sprayway didn't do it on the first pass. It got a whole lot of crud off of there, it's a good cleaner. But smoke is more stubborn than that. Onward to plan M. The vinegar, but we'll try that in the house standing up where it's easier.

Comment

Vinegar doesn't work. Tried it in the living room on the window. Nope, nothing takes smoke off of glass.

Comment

a) SU probably has ammonia in the house. Mix some with water. I'd do a 16:1 ratio water to ammonia
                  b )read the label
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

I just cleaned a very dirty reefer with it yesterday.. I think I will wipe with water today.. Smell does linger..
                    Bob, did you really just add "reefer" to a smoking discussions? That's perfect a perfect derailment opening right there........

I have my opinions on smoking PeeDub, but what I am curious about is what brand do you smoke? And does SueUnit smoke those too, or is there another brand in the mix?
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Did someone say reefer, man?

Click image for larger version

Name:	c7d39105bf2b4e2bef2667741ff3a7a4.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1064541
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                        Bob, did you really just add "reefer" to a smoking discussions? That's perfect a perfect derailment opening right there........
                        have my opinions on smoking PeeDub, but what I am curious about is what brand do you smoke? And does SueUnit smoke those too, or is there another brand in the mix?
                        REFRIDGERATOR. (I think that is how it is spelt.. Thus I abbreivate by saying REEFER!)
                        Dang! Now Y'all know I can't spell.. .

Really? Vinegar works for me and the wood stove!

Comment

Last year I bought a 69 SWB ford f100 ranger. It was so bad I had to use 000 steel wool with water and vinegar. Took a little scrubbing but it was super clean.
                          Visit my sons blog:
                          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Uhmm, ammonia.

Comment

If alcohol doesn't work, try mineral spirits. Usually ( I never* speak in absolutes) one of those will work as a cleaner; just about everything is soluble in one or the other... If they don't work, try xylene. It's the solvent in "solvent based" paints that work on garage floors - though I don't know if it will melt the rubber or plastic pieces around the window. :D

But I've never had trouble using windex. It just takes two or sometimes three applications to get the streaks totally gone. Use less liquid each time, let the paper towels pick up the contaminant instead of swirling it around.

*Oops. Almost never. lol
                              Last edited by yellomalibu; October 19, 2015, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X