My summer vacation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My summer vacation.

Goats sleep inside now, tools aren't under tarps, and I have to go get the lift soon. Needs wiring, gables sheeted, insulation, windows and doors, and steel siding, but I can knock that out quick.

fantastic!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Tell my body it can stop hurting now.

Comment

That's fantastic news! Mammoth amount of work.....I'm guessing mostly done by one individual?
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Congrats . Looks good .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Welcome back stranger!

Comment

So glad to hear from you Todd!
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

And yes I was worried about you . Going silent and all .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Yeah mostly by me, had some help with pouring the concrete(3guys X 1 day), putting the roof up(2 guys- Sunday to today), and making the poles and getting the forms started (1 guy 9 days total ) and some help moving trees on random days.

Went silent because I was doing 16 hr days, internet service is sketchy at best, and all I've done this summer is what it takes to build a 32x48 yourself on a very tight budget. My blue Formula has more money in it than this shop does. I hurt everywhere, and have for months now. Here is where I live since mid September. I did this and made it livable in a bit less than a week. Waiting for the phone company to bore under the highway so I can get internet service.

Comment

Todd, I'm SO glad to hear from you! We all worried about you greatly but it looks like your life is finally coming, more or less, together.

Sorry that you hurt. As I age, a good day in the shop often results in the following day being stiff - but I can take a day off if I want to. I hope you can have the perspective to take joy in your accomplishments but I know it's difficult when you're in pain.

Rock on

Dan

Comment

wow, you've done good!
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wow indeed! Well done and welcome back!
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

great work.
                          some friends and I built a tiny cabin out of cedar fence poles, one at a time from leftover stuff at the local mill. A chainsaw did the main beams out of logs in the area.
                          I would not believe what that was worth today, 30 years later, perhaps with some north moss growing on one of the walls...big addons.

I am very inspired to go buy my first shack with a recent v.a. home loan certificate.

I lived in something smaller than those 2 containers.. a 1945 8 foot outside dimension mobile trailer, with 1.5 inch thick walls.. 4 years. Furnace at 100k btu within 8 feet maximum distance.

good job on the garage!

Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Damn! you been busy! Glad to see you Todd! Welcome back!!!

Comment

Looks like a great start, and the hard part appears to be over! I was just In your lovely Peninsula last weekend with some friends riding the Moss Lake single track ORV trail just a few miles north of Big Bay De Noc. Each visit I'm amazed at how much of a wilderness it is up there, the Hiawatha National Forest is a beautiful place.
                              It was great how the temperature dropped some 20 degrees the day before we got there, I think it got as low as 23 at night, great tenting weather!

Comment

Working...
                              X