No announcement yet.

My summer vacation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The heavy stuff is done now, but still can't relax. Hung the door yesterday, sheeted it today with left overs from the carport. A bit short but I made it work with some scraps. Need to run the wires this week and get power in there, then start with insulation.

Busy is an understatement. This has been greater in scope than the 65 GTO was, and lots more hours sunk into the buildings. The feeling of working in the dry while it rained for the last two days was awesome and made our all worth the effort. I've missed having my own shop for a long time, now I have one. Soon all my cars up here will be in one place again, and I can get back to building. First up, spare truck, Mustang, and 65 GTO.

I've gotten used to not being online much, so I don't think of stopping in.

Comment

I'm sure we all respect that you have been and continue to be crazy busy. Just know that we really care about you and appreciate it when you CAN plug in and let us know how - and what - you're doing.

Dan

Comment

I thought I was cool for having a TV in my shop, hell you have a welder in your living room!! (thumbs up!)
        See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I'm sure we all respect that you have been and continue to be crazy busy. Just know that we really care about you and appreciate it when you CAN plug in and let us know how - and what - you're doing.

Dan

I know ya do Dan, you guys are awesome. I'll let ya know how and what, probably more once I have a phone line run to my house. Making that last post took 35 minutes for it to upload once I fixed all the strange stuff that happens to my text when I'm on mobile.

Originally posted by V12guy View Post
          I thought I was cool for having a TV in my shop, hell you have a welder in your living room!! (thumbs up!)

​And usually an aircompressor too.

Comment

Todd, glad to see you back! I was hoping all was well with you, I see it was. Like Dan said, we get worried when we don't see some one for a while.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I guess this means you are not spending the winter in Nebraska?
              Last edited by Scott Liggett; October 26, 2015, 02:53 AM.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

What a heap of work! Great job Man, really good to see you on the screen again. Got any Yupper crock pot recipes to go with all of that? It's gonna snow, ya know....
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

my back hurts just looking at the pictures....Glad things are looking up Todd....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    What a heap of work! Great job Man, really good to see you on the screen again. Got any Yupper crock pot recipes to go with all of that? It's gonna snow, ya know....

I'm no longer very fond of yoopers. Only two did anything to help, and I won't even start on the girls here. Let's just say, they're not worth any effort.

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    I guess this means you are not spending the winter in Nebraska?

Nowhere to stay if I did come back, which is why this was so stressful for me.

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    my back hurts just looking at the pictures....Glad things are looking up Todd....

​Standing up 550lb logs to be corner posts is lots of fun. Wish you were here for it.

Comment

Mostly done on the outside, keeps the moist out along with a little cold. Should be getting intarwebnets tomorrow, so you guys can keep up on the crazy. Might be lots of crazy this winter.

Comment

That'll work! Best to you.

Dan

Comment

I'm impressed and I admire you, great job!
                          Last edited by corvettedad; November 10, 2015, 10:06 PM.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                          X