NASA blimp blacks out PA, lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA blimp blacks out PA, lol

Armed F-16s chased the airship across Maryland and Pennsylvania after it came loose. By the time it crashed, it was a national sensation.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Click image for larger version

Name:	hugemanatee.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1066461
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Since when is the Army known as NASA?
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
        Well, why is the Army in charge of airspace over D.C.?

I can just see that, didn't see it, but I can see it. As always, the reports from the media vary in accuracy.....a 10,000 foot tether cable... A 7,500 tether? In any case, there it goes, dragging the cable along the ground, Air Force thinking about shooting it down.....HAHAhAhAhAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep we're secure alright, it's all about homeland security. HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

Comment

Maybe you'd prefer the French Foreign Legion?

Comment

I was just trying to figure out why they sent aircraft capable of airspeed of 150mph - mach 2 (or so), to chase down something travelling at airspeed zero. Couldn't they have just followed it in a pickup truck or something?

Comment

Big Brother is watching thru your chimneys!

. .

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1066461[/ATTACH]

Wow, ROTFLMA!
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I was just trying to figure out why they sent aircraft capable of airspeed of 150mph
                  Because that's what they have.

Comment

Well, I suppose that make sense...like, say if your cow got out (granted, an expensive cow) and all you had to chase it down with were a couple of Ferraris parked in the driveway...

If it were here, I wonder if they could've hooked it w/ an Osprey and a length of rope and brought it home?

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                      He probably got confused with NORAD. BTW - the Army had an Air Force before the U.S. Air Force existed.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                        ... the Army had an Air Force before the U.S. Air Force existed.
                        I have forced air that repels people - does that mean I should be in the Army?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

I can just see that, didn't see it, but I can see it. As always, the reports from the media vary in accuracy.....a 10,000 foot tether cable... A 7,500 tether? In any case, there it goes, dragging the cable along the ground, Air Force thinking about shooting it down.....HAHAhAhAhAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep we're secure alright, it's all about homeland security. HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!
                          the super duper secret Air Blimp. Survellience maybe? Yes, that was idiotic to send F-16's to follow a blimp moving at barely the speed of the wind that night. A helicopter would've been better. Yes, let's shoot down our secret balloon over civilian population. That won't have the population up in arms.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I read a sidebar story about that whole project. It costs LOTS of zeroes. either millions or billions of dollars and it takes 150-something people to keep two blimps in the air 24/7 to watch for cruise missiles coming onto D.C. HAhHahAHAhAH!!!!!!!! Pork, somebody getting rich on tax dollars, and the blimp got away. All you have to do is to keep the thing tied up....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! That's still funny, it doesn't matter who you are, that's just funny right there. Comedy. That is honestly hilarious. Homeland security. Gosh, I feel so safe! HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Comment

16 billion for 8 blimps and only 3 are in the air at a time due to "mechanical design failures"!
                              And they bitch at VOLKSWAGEN!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X