No announcement yet.

Victim Ejected Onto 5 Freeway Sign After Crash Near Glendale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned to drive in Glendale in the seventies...those must have been the good 'ol days. If you ever wanted to learn to dislike people, try driving there now and it'll soon happen. 'Nuff said I suppose.
    Last edited by Loren; November 2, 2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

As I asked in Random Thought thread....
      How fast do you have to be going to fling yourself 20 feet (minimum. He might be coming down to the 20' mark) into the sky in a barrel roll?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        As I asked in Random Thought thread....
        How fast do you have to be going to fling yourself 20 feet (minimum. He might be coming down to the 20' mark) into the sky in a barrel roll?
        I'm no scientist but I'll bet 80 or 90 would do a whole lot more than that. Figure, the sign got in the way. He was heading maybe higher. and surely farther down the road than that, by a bunch.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Criscobath View Post
          Horrible. I can only imagine the scars left on the folks that had to see that sight.

not to mention the mark it left on him.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Maybe.it just lobbed him up there.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

This was an accident here in Tucson, investigators said speed was not factor LMAO. He was not wearing his seat belt but I am not sure if that would have made a difference.

I know where this happened...kids try to drift on this ramp all the time. Speed was certainly a factor, the sudden stop was what did him in.

Last edited by JOES66FURY; November 4, 2015, 02:18 PM.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Happens all the time by me.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Musta been hauling ass!!!!
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    This was an accident here in Tucson, investigators said speed was not factor LMAO. He was not wearing his seat belt but I am not sure if that would have made a difference.

I know where this happened...kids try to drift on this ramp all the time. Speed was certainly a factor, the sudden stop was what did him in.

[img]http://kold.images.worldnow.com/images/8886959_G.jpg{/img]

right, it wasn't speed - probably alcohol
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

No, not alcohol. It was inertia versus an immovable object. That's physics. Never mind how the driver was behaving or imbibing, when you get down to the root cause. Deceleration trauma. The cause of every death in the world is due to lack of oxygen to the brain. By whatever means. That's what kills you. Heart attack, car wreck, shooting, falling off of a cliff, whatever, the cause of death is lack of oxygen to the brain. That's what makes our last minute. The forensic people try to make it way too complicated.

Comment

It was helium, clearly he was extra high on helium.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

No, not alcohol. It was inertia versus an immovable object. That's physics. Never mind how the driver was behaving or imbibing, when you get down to the root cause. Deceleration trauma. The cause of every death in the world is due to lack of oxygen to the brain. By whatever means. That's what kills you. Heart attack, car wreck, shooting, falling off of a cliff, whatever, the cause of death is lack of oxygen to the brain. That's what makes our last minute. The forensic people try to make it way too complicated.
                          Imbibing?
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

News said speed and alcohol was not a factor...

I wonder how fast he was going to wrap a car around a pole like that....

I also wonder....did they intend to say "excessive speed"

Cuz that ramp is 25 mph.....I cant imagine a car folding like that at 25 mph...

Some kids that knew him were students of the wife....they said he liked to try to drift his car all the time...

Young, 18 years old....I think about the crap I did in a car at that age and realize I am luck to be alive....I believe most of us are.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

Young, 18 years old....I think about the crap I did in a car at that age and realize I am luck to be alive....I believe most of us are.
                              Oh HELL yes. The general opinion in the medical/pediatric/psycho-community is that the human brain does not finish fully developing until around the age of 30. Before then, we can't distinguish the difference between a thrill and a huge risk. Such as, maybe let's slide a skateboard all the way down the handrail at City Hall, and impress all of the girls in the process. Unaware that not if, but WHEN this goes bad, you bust your nuts forever and the girls won't want anything to do with you anyhow.

When we turn 30 we stop doing stuff like that and then we're boring to everybody under 30. At least those under 30 who survived.

Comment

Working...
                              X