Strangest thing you have built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest thing you have built

My buddies and I at my local car club got together and built this for the shows we go to

It certainly turns a few heads at the shows we go to ;D

More info on the build here http://www.mkb.cc/bbq/

Re: Strangest thing you have built

My swap meet cart, everyone wants to buy it and not the stuff I brought to sell. At least its a good conversation starter.

Comment

instant answer... A gas powered edger... I'll get some pictures later... but you can assume it's a 100pt concours restoration on a mid 70's John Deere Grass Edger... Complete with the correct color green and yellow paint that was actually rubbed out to be like New... all the nuts and bolts were new and the motor was totally rebuilt...

Classic Keith.... I didn't have the money to buy one of these for 300 bucks so I built one... cost me 85 dollars... It's the same as a McLean version that costs 200 at the time... but I didn't have that either... So for 10 to 20 bucks here and there over the course of 2 months... I built this thing.. and it started work for me as a Flawless piece... I've treated it fairly well over the years... loaned it to several of my friends...

Currently it hangs out in the garage and watches me write checks to the lawn guy... PERFECT LIFE for it...

Comment

I took an s10 frame, put 10's on the front, 12's on the back, built a shoddy cage for the driver where the motor used to reside, dropped a ford 3.8 S/C engine and aod trans in the rear mounted directly to the diff which was moved back about a foot, side pods and a wing like an indy car. Wish I had a camera at the time. It was too freaking scary to dive and was dismantled after my brother spun out nearly going through a barb wire fence.

Comment

I will have to dig up pictures of my Gas powered drill!!! :o
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

My daughter had a science project for one of her science olympiad tasks where we had to build a transport/impact protection device that would protect a raw egg from damage during a drop from the roof of her school (approx 2 stories). The device could not exceed 10 inches in any dimension. A cardboard box with an internal skeleton of balsa wood and lots of elastic support tethering the egg in the instant center. She did most of the work, I was just a design consultant and sponsor. The egg survived!

Comment

Yeah my kids were never in class's that would allow them to have an egg at school.... LOL

Keith
              (never feared having to put a bumper sticker on my car saying my kid was an honor roll student )

That's not exactly true... but... it was funny...

Comment

Motors, 351 GMC V-6.

Comment

Originally posted by seered
                  My daughter had a science project for one of her science olympiad tasks where we had to build a transport/impact protection device that would protect a raw egg from damage during a drop from the roof of her school (approx 2 stories). The device could not exceed 10 inches in any dimension. A cardboard box with an internal skeleton of balsa wood and lots of elastic support tethering the egg in the instant center. She did most of the work, I was just a design consultant and sponsor. The egg survived!
                  I had to do that! My design sounds almost identical to yours.

Comment

A guy my Dad worked with kid had a project like that, and he welded together a thick steel container that latched together. I don't remember what he said he filled it with to hold the egg but he told his son not to drop it on concrete :o Well apparently the test was to raise the height of each test from which it was dropped until the egg broke until the student that built the one that survives the farthest fall wins, well....... It was down to his kids and another kids who used some kind of parachute and insulation, so the teacher suggests that they be dropped off the back of the football stadium bleachers....His son told the teacher that his dad warned him about concrete, but his alternative was to forefeit, so away it went ;D I believed it ended in a tie but at the same time left some serious cracks in the concrete below that led to a call to his parents, to which his Dad asked "Did he win?" ;D
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I put my sons Egg in a Container with Jello around it. It actually worked until the Container broke. The Egg survived.

My bumper sticker Reads:

"My kid beat up your Honor Student"!!!

Comment

I made a ball shaped frame out of coat hangers and suspended the egg in the middle with pieces of bike inner tube. It worked well but i had to chase it quite a way after it landed.

Comment

A KZ1000 three wheeler for sand dragging. It was a thrill a second!

Comment

The Kawastratton. A 1983 KX80 with a Briggs & Stratton 5hp motor in it. Actually made it in Dirt Bike magazine.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Probably the weirdest - a group of us built an English racer bike (3 speed trans in the hub, for you young un's) with a Reo lawn mower engine. It was a slant 1 and fit quite nicely in the angle of the frame. I donated a clutch from a gas-powered reel lawn mower, which basically tightened the belt against the pulleys. The best part was that no adults were involved (we must have been 14 or 15). It got painted and eventually went down Main Street in the 4th. of July Parade. It worked OK, but you had to be VERY gentle on the trans or it would blow apart. Ugly.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X